Choir advice! Watch

BlindHope
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I'd really appreciate some advice if anyone has anything to offer? Thanks!

So I'm 16 and i'm in my 6th year of my school's all girls choir. I've been in every single concert and do my absolute best to learn music and sing as well as I can. I am very concious of the fact I'm not a strong singer compared to the other sixth form girls, but I've never been flagged up as a concern before.
Today, my teacher said to me "You're unlikely to get you're place on stage - we'd like our sixth form girls to be the more dancey, show off types. You know, for the younger ones."
I'm a bit quieter than the other girls, and i'm partially sighted too, which makes me worry about whether i see all of my teachers' movements so i'm always intensely focussed on trying to get it right.
I'm obviously not going to argue about her decision, but i am very upset about it. I really do have such a passion for being in a choir, and I absolutely love and admire Gareth Malone. Can anyone advise me on what to do now? I'm so disheartened and I don't understand why it has happened this yesr - I have never known anyone be removed as a sixth former!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (157)
13.25%
Excited (106)
8.95%
Worried (217)
18.31%
Terrified (276)
23.29%
Meh (94)
7.93%
Confused (32)
2.7%