The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Medical Biosciences Applicants 2017

--
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

GCSEs: 4a*1a(international student, less than one year study for ig)
A-Level subjects: Math Further Math Biology Chemistry Physics
AS-Levels: AAAAA
Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*A(NO PHYSICS)
Extracurricular: Wider reading and interships at medical school laboratory
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
any ideas when we should start hearing back?
Reply 3
Has anyone heard back ??
Yep i got an AAA offer on the 14th December and I applied on the 19th October - there are 'Medical Biosciences offer holder open days' on the 16th and 17th of February so I'm guessing you should hear back before then :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bluegirl64
Yep i got an AAA offer on the 14th December and I applied on the 19th October - there are 'Medical Biosciences offer holder open days' on the 16th and 17th of February so I'm guessing you should hear back before then :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades? Also did you have an interview? :smile:
A friend of mine heard back in December and attended the open days in February.
I am sure there will be another open day. Be patient! :smile: no news is good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard back in December, IB offer 38 with 6 in bio+chem HL:smile:
Reply 9
I got an offer! Total IB score of 38 with 6 in HL bio, 6 in Math, Econ, or Chem HL. I am so happy! :smile:
Reply 10
what were your predicted grades and when did you send your application?
Original post by hull00
what were your predicted grades and when did you send your application?

I applied in October. My predicted was a 41 (with TOK/EE points). I had to wait 5 months for this answer hahaha.
Original post by wjaechoi
I got an offer! Total IB score of 38 with 6 in HL bio, 6 in Math, Econ, or Chem HL. I am so happy! :smile:

Omg you take really similar subjects as me lol. I take Bio Chem Maths HL, and eng lit, french and econ sl :P No one at my school apart from me take HL maths and HL bio >.<
Original post by wjaechoi

HEY WHEN DID YOU GET THE OFFER?
Congratulations!! Are you an International student!? What is your course code? B111?
Original post by leonordo
HEY WHEN DID YOU GET THE OFFER?
Congratulations!! Are you an International student!? What is your course code? B111?

I got the offer on Monday :smile: The course code is B101
Reply 15
Hey guys! I received an offer a week ago and am starting to do more in-depth research on the course. Its very difficult to find statistics on the old biomedical course so I am kind of worried about the graduate prospects and the overall perceptions on the course. Can anyone give me some insight? The medical biosciences page on the Imperial website is not very useful...
Original post by To bits
Hey guys! I received an offer a week ago and am starting to do more in-depth research on the course. Its very difficult to find statistics on the old biomedical course so I am kind of worried about the graduate prospects and the overall perceptions on the course. Can anyone give me some insight? The medical biosciences page on the Imperial website is not very useful...

Hopefully they'll run another subject open day... If you have any specific questions you could ask (email) admissions :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Xiuchen
Hopefully they'll run another subject open day... If you have any specific questions you could ask (email) admissions :smile:

I have sent a brief email to the admissions office a few days ago but haven't received any reply for a while. I thought that I would get some opinions from the forums while I wait.
I'm an international student so going to an open day would be very difficult for me.
Reply 18
I am worried about future graduate prospects? I spoke to a few biomed grads who told me how much they are struggling to find a job- one decided to start off as a receptionist in a hospital and hopes to work her way up from there
Reply 19
youch. Did they go to grad school after the BSC?

Original post by wdf_
I am worried about future graduate prospects? I spoke to a few biomed grads who told me how much they are struggling to find a job- one decided to start off as a receptionist in a hospital and hopes to work her way up from there

Quick Reply

Latest