The Student Room Group

Social Work University 2017

I thought I would start an official thread for 2017 social work students as I have not seen one yet.
I have applied to do social work at the following Uni's: Bath, Bristol UWE, Bournemouth, Brighton and Southhampton Solent! I have already been invited to an interview at Bath for the 30th of November! Am very nervous for the interview, they have attached an article which we will be asked questions on there! Has anyone else been offered an interview?
I have also been contacted by Bristol UWE asking me for more information about my work experience.
Any advice/tips for the interview?

Update- Have now accepted bath as my first choice and bristol uwe as my insurance
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I have just applied to 4 universities to do social work Cardiff Swansea Newport and Bridgend I sent my application off yesterday so just waiting now! How long ago did u send off your application ? Good luck with your interview! X
Hi,
I applied to 5 universities to study Social Work, I applied on October 19th and have applied to Bristol UWE, Gloucestershire, Southampton Solent, Bournemouth and Brighton. All 5 have acknowledged me and I have had interview offers from Gloucestershire (Nov 18th), Brighton (Dec 2nd) and Bristol UWE (Dec 14th).
x
how long did bath take to get back? theyre my #1 choice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Xxlouisekxx
Hi I have just applied to 4 universities to do social work Cardiff Swansea Newport and Bridgend I sent my application off yesterday so just waiting now! How long ago did u send off your application ? Good luck with your interview! X

I sent my application off on the 28th of October! It took a few days to process but I heard in just over a week! Thank you! X
Reply 5
Original post by elouise123
Hi,
I applied to 5 universities to study Social Work, I applied on October 19th and have applied to Bristol UWE, Gloucestershire, Southampton Solent, Bournemouth and Brighton. All 5 have acknowledged me and I have had interview offers from Gloucestershire (Nov 18th), Brighton (Dec 2nd) and Bristol UWE (Dec 14th).
x

You've applied to all the same as me apart from Gloucestershire! I have an interview at Brighton on December the 2nd too that is so weird!!! Good luck with yours x
Reply 6
Original post by aliciacreed
how long did bath take to get back? theyre my #1 choice :smile:

It was about 2 weeks. Bath is my top joint along with Bristol UWE! Where else did you apply?
Thank you 😊 I applied to UWE as well, Birmingham, Sussex and Swansea
Reply 8
Hi,
x

Have just received an interview invite to Bristol UWE on the same day ad you!
Original post by gabscasey
Have just received an interview invite to Bristol UWE on the same day ad you!

hahah that's so weird, we will probably be seeing alot of each other then, haven't really looked through the details for bristol and brighton yet, need to get gloucestershire out the way first :biggrin:
Reply 10
hahah that's so weird, we will probably be seeing alot of each other then, haven't really looked through the details for bristol and brighton yet, need to get gloucestershire out the way first :biggrin:

Hahha i know! What time is your interview at Brighton? Good luck with it!!!
Original post by gabscasey
Hahha i know! What time is your interview at Brighton? Good luck with it!!!

It's at 9.15 am so I will have to travel the night before if I want any chance of not being completely knackered for the interview, what about you?
Reply 12
Hi everyone - I've applied to social work 2017 entry at Queen's, Ulster Uni, East Anglia, Nottingham and Edinburgh. So far have only been acknowledged by Queen's, Nottingham and East Anglia! :smile:
Hi,
I've applied for nottingham, Birmingham, York and Northumbria!!
Heard back and got interviews for all of them,
Birmingham is 30th November, so nervous!!
Has anyone else got interviews for these places?
Reply 14
Original post by jasminek99
Hi,
I've applied for nottingham, Birmingham, York and Northumbria!!
Heard back and got interviews for all of them,
Birmingham is 30th November, so nervous!!
Has anyone else got interviews for these places?

I've also applied for Birmingham and Nottingham ; how long did it take to receive an acceptance from them ?
Original post by mellidyy
I've also applied for Birmingham and Nottingham ; how long did it take to receive an acceptance from them ?

Hiya,
Nottingham was like a week later and then Birmingham was about a month I think!
Reply 16
Original post by jasminek99
Hiya,
Nottingham was like a week later and then Birmingham was about a month I think!

omg a month , what did you include in your personal statement
Original post by mellidyy
omg a month , what did you include in your personal statement

Yeh!
I wrote about why I want to do social work, the subjects I do as alevels and how they help, my hobbies and interests
A little update:
- I have received a conditional offer from Gloucestershire after an interview (22/11/16)
- Bournemouth interview= January 11th 2017
- Brighton interview= December 2nd 2016
- Bristol UWE interview= December 14th 2016
- Southampton Solent interview= January 18th 2016
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone heard back for an interview for any Welsh university's yet? X

Quick Reply

Latest