The Student Room Group

Warwick Diploma + Msc Economics 2017 Offer holders

This thread is for anyone who has received an offer from Warwick Uni. Those who have received an offer... please share the following:

1. Where you are from.
2. Qualifications and grades.
3. When you have applied.
4. Any other unis you have applied and offers received from the same.

Congratulations !!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ecofreakk
This thread is for anyone who has received an offer from Warwick Uni. Those who have received an offer... please share the following:

1. Where you are from.

1. Italy
2. Bachelor in Economics and Management. About the grades, in Italy we have a different grading system (marks out of /30), so maybe I can't be helpful.
3. 30/11/2016
4. I received the same offer from Nottingham (diploma in Economics + Msc in Economics of monetary and financial policy).
Also received an offer from Sheffield in Economics and Public Policy (1 year Msc)
Rejected by Birmingham and Leeds.
Waiting list for European Political Economy at LSE.

Honestly I would like to accept the offer, but really diploma plus Msc is expensive at Warwick (around £37000 in fees). Expensive for Nottingham as well, but less, and I could afford it. I will see, as Warwick is ranked 3rd for Economics after Cambridge and Oxford. Originally, I applied just for the Master degree (no diploma), and for both of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 3mike
1. Italy
2. Bachelor in Economics and Management. About the grades, in Italy we have a different grading system (marks out of /30), so maybe I can't be helpful.
3. 30/11/2016
4. I received the same offer from Nottingham (diploma in Economics + Msc in Economics of monetary and financial policy).
Also received an offer from Sheffield in Economics and Public Policy (1 year Msc)
Rejected by Birmingham and Leeds.
Waiting list for European Political Economy at LSE.

Honestly I would like to accept the offer, but really diploma plus Msc is expensive at Warwick (around £37000 in fees). Expensive for Nottingham as well, but less, and I could afford it. I will see, as Warwick is ranked 3rd for Economics after Cambridge and Oxford. Originally, I applied just for the Master degree (no diploma), and for both of them.

Congratulations .... hope to see you at Warwick 👍🏽
Original post by ecofreakk

1. Where you are from.

1. Norway
2. BSc (Graduate) Finance, GPA 4.0 out of 5.0
3. Applied 20.01.2017
4. Offer from Cass MSc Finance as well.
Reply 4
Original post by Christianbjarne
1. Norway
2. BSc (Graduate) Finance, GPA 4.0 out of 5.0
3. Applied 20.01.2017
4. Offer from Cass MSc Finance as well.

Congratulations!:smile: Anyway, I'm considering to pick up Warwick instead of Nottingham. Hope to see you 👍🏻 Have you already decided between Warwick and Cass?
Original post by 3mike
Congratulations!:smile: Anyway, I'm considering to pick up Warwick instead of Nottingham. Hope to see you 👍🏻 Have you already decided between Warwick and Cass?

Thanks mate 😊 Yes, I'll be joining Warwick. Hope to see you there!
Reply 6
Original post by Christianbjarne
Thanks mate 😊 Yes, I'll be joining Warwick. Hope to see you there!

Congratulations to both of you !! Hope to see you guys there !!
Hi everyone,I've got an offer as well. Just accepted it last week!
1. Malaysia
2. BBA Banking and Finance (3.64)
MA Development Studies (3.91)
3. May 4, 20174.

I've received offers from Exeter, Reading and Sussex.

Hope to see everyone there!
Hi,
So how many of you guys did actually end up doing the Warwick diploma plus Msc economics programme last year and if so the website says after completing your diploma you have to reapply for the masters programme. How does that work and what are the standards of entry then ...?????

I m a student of the University of London International Programmes...pursuing a Bsc in accounting and finance currently in my last year and m expecting an upper second class honours and well holding a conditional offer letter
Reply 9
Original post by AParekh97
Hi,
So how many of you guys did actually end up doing the Warwick diploma plus Msc economics programme last year and if so the website says after completing your diploma you have to reapply for the masters programme. How does that work and what are the standards of entry then ...?????

I m a student of the University of London International Programmes...pursuing a Bsc in accounting and finance currently in my last year and m expecting an upper second class honours and well holding a conditional offer letter

Hi
There are around 30 students in the class from different backgrounds.You have to get atleast 58% percent in the diploma to be eligible to enter the masters programme. The diploma course is not easy..... make sure you are comfortable with doing match before taking this up..... Standards of entry are not very high.... most of the students who apply get offers as long as they have an upper second in their UG and the requisite IELTS score...... The challenge however is getting a first in the diploma because that will help you with masters applications incase you want to do your MSc elsewhere after the diploma... A good diploma score will aslo help you with PhD admissions incase its a part of your plan...

Overall its an excellent course that will prepare you for a masters and equip you with all the necessary skills for research or industry. The professors are amazing.... so are the facilities....

Let me know if you have any other concerns.....

All the best for your UG exams !!!!
Heyyy thanks for replying !!
Where did you do your UG for and what are the modules in the diploma like ?? Is getting a 58% as good as getting a upper second in your undergrad.??
Also is there a possiblity of someone getting rejected for the msc programme irrespective of getting a 58%
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Heyyy thanks for replying !!
Where did you do your UG for and what are the modules in the diploma like ?? Is getting a 58% as good as getting a upper second in your undergrad.??
Also is there a possiblity of someone getting rejected for the msc programme irrespective of getting a 58%

I did a Bachelors in Commerce from Osmania Uni with a first.... I am a CA and a CFA Level 3 candidate.... The last two dont matter when it comes to admissions for an economics prgramme
We have three core modules - Macroeconomics Microeconomics and Econometrics
There are two optionals that you have to pick.... some are easy some are really hard.... the core modules are in general ok.....

Getting a 58% in the diploma isnt very hard.... but you have to put a certain amount of effort....

I dont think anyone got rejected for an MSc after getting the minimum score in the diploma.....
Do you advice it to be worth it to spend the said cost and do a diploma at Warwick instead of doing it from say the internal programmes from University of London only ???

Also are there any possibilities of receiving financial aid from the uni ?
Reply 13
Do you advice it to be worth it to spend the said cost and do a diploma at Warwick instead of doing it from say the internal programmes from University of London only ???

Also are there any possibilities of receiving financial aid from the uni ?

I dont know much about University of London programmes.... Warwick Diploma is one of the best conversion courses for economics...... Uni doesnt give a financial aid for a diploma... Nottingam Uni gives an aid for its diploma... but the course is not as good as warwick....
Thanks a loooot! For all the replies
I might trouble you more in the future!
So for instance I do get a 58% overall in my diploma (what I understand from your mail to be the basic criteria) I would definitely get into the Msc programme? Or is there a chance of my application getting rejected?
And if there is... what is the whole point of the diploma plus msc programme.

Quick Reply