Turn on thread page Beta

Why would a guy sighs around a girl? watch

Does the girl frustrates him or does he like her? There used to be eye contacts, too, but now he only takes a huge breath (or sighs) when he sees me or even when he talks to me. Does he do this on purpose? Just because it seems like it's quite obvious he sighs because of me, it happened several times and almost always I'm close to him, so he probably knows that I'm aware of his sighs.

I like this guy, I liked having eye contacts too and I sometimes caught him staring at me and didn't even look away when I caught him. And he was sweet, but now I'm going crazy. Do you think he sighs on purpose just to give me some kind of sign that "yes, it's because of you" or it's subconscious? Would it be rude if I asked him why he keeps sighing around me?

On the other hand, I'm afraid those huge breaths have negative meaning for me,so I also get uncomfortable and sad when those sighs occur (almost every time).

I tired to speak to him, by the way, but whenever I tried to have small-talks, he was really awkward, didn't find the words etc. I don't blame him for this, I also get nervous when he's around, but then after those awkward moments (when I think he was actually so cute) he starts behaving like a jerk.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People sigh. Overanalysing much?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in? Why do you think this

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does the girl frustrates him or does he like her? There used to be eye contacts, too, but now he only takes a huge breath (or sighs) when he sees me or even when he talks to me. Does he do this on purpose? Just because it seems like it's quite obvious he sighs because of me, it happened several times and almost always I'm close to him, so he probably knows that I'm aware of his sighs.

I like this guy, I liked having eye contacts too and I sometimes caught him staring at me and didn't even look away when I caught him. And he was sweet, but now I'm going crazy. Do you think he sighs on purpose just to give me some kind of sign that "yes, it's because of you" or it's subconscious? Would it be rude if I asked him why he keeps sighing around me?

On the other hand, I'm afraid those huge breaths have negative meaning for me,so I also get uncomfortable and sad when those sighs occur (almost every time).

I tired to speak to him, by the way, but whenever I tried to have small-talks, he was really awkward, didn't find the words etc. I don't blame him for this, I also get nervous when he's around, but then after those awkward moments (when I think he was actually so cute) he starts behaving like a jerk.
    I sigh when I get that can't be asked feeling, him acting like a jerk? What do you mean? I get the impression that he is no longer interested-though you haven't given much info...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because of a family member, I mean I sigh way too much because I've picked it up from my Pops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you go to UEA I'm sighing because existence.

ReputationRep:
    Because he doesnt want to talk to you? :dontknow: sighing is normal tbh

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I sigh at a crush if I'm like "****ing hell she's so pretty wtf" and have to let out some form of internalised madness but I would wager that assuming every guy sighed because of that would be incredibly unwise.

Yeah, I'm surely overthinking. Yeah, it must be something else, other than me. He only sighs accidentally when I show up, so then every time someone made him angry or mad before he would see me. It's totally logical.

I'm 21, and okay, maybe I sound childish, but it's just annoying me that whenever we meet or whatever I say, he sighs.

Thanks, btw.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.