The Student Room Group

Shortage in Female Engineers

Why is there a shortage in female Engineers? What are the reasons?
Trump is president now, nobody cares about your identity politics.
Reply 2
Original post by panjeets 1incher
Trump is president now, nobody cares about your identity politics.

Aren't you lovely
Didn't we have this question yesterday?

Plus, best not to ask on here, as a lot of people are a***holes, especially today.
Original post by hearthstone

because women choose not to read Engineering or related disciplines at university.
As I have witnessed first hand in my degree (Electronic Engineering), women are perfectly capable in doing engineering. All they have to do is put their mind to it. It's *******s to think that they are being shunned away from it, if they were strong willed enough they would go into the field.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Didn't we have this question yesterday?

Plus, best not to ask on here, as a lot of people are a***holes, especially today.

Agreed.
Original post by hearthstone

I don't believe that there is a catch-all reason.
Why isn't their more men in teaching jobs? Nursing jobs? Because they don't pursue those jobs as much as women do for various reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Its because of the huge patriarchy conspiracy... /s

Seriously though, it's because they don't want to. Whether it's because its too much effort or not interesting is up to them.
Women are graduating far more than males... now that is an issue in terms of how education is taught. If it was the other way around you would get feminists banging on about how male names on test papers equal higher marks given or some bull ****.
Why are men far more likely to committing suicide than women? That is the biggest killer of young men by the way. But women care more about lack of females in job of which most women are not interested in.
Define "shortage". Because it seems to me that you're implying, via the use of that word, that more women need to be in engineering, which is absurd; people do what they want to do, not because they feel like they should be "representing their sex" or some such silly *******s.

Do women make better engineers? Are they more efficient, or offer a different, more practical approach to various situations? If the answer if a resounding "no", and I really do think it is, then there isn't a "shortage" of women engineers at all; a "shortage" implies a need, and if the need is not there then neither is the alleged shortage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending