Turn on thread page Beta

Hello! I'd really appreciate some advice if anyone has anything to offer? Thanks!

So I'm 16 and i'm in my 6th year of my school's all girls choir. I've been in every single concert and do my absolute best to learn music and sing as well as I can. I am very concious of the fact I'm not a strong singer compared to the other sixth form girls, but I've never been flagged up as a concern before.
    Today, my teacher said to me "You're unlikely to get you're place on stage - we'd like our sixth form girls to be the more dancey, show off types. You know, for the younger ones."
    I'm a bit quieter than the other girls, and i'm partially sighted too, which makes me worry about whether i see all of my teachers' movements so i'm always intensely focussed on trying to get it right.
    I'm obviously not going to argue about her decision, but i am very upset about it. I really do have such a passion for being in a choir, and I absolutely love and admire Gareth Malone. Can anyone advise me on what to do now? I'm so disheartened and I don't understand why it has happened this yesr - I have never known anyone be removed as a sixth former!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello! I'd really appreciate some advice if anyone has anything to offer? Thanks!

So I'm 16 and i'm in my 6th year of my school's all girls choir. I've been in every single concert and do my absolute best to learn music and sing as well as I can. I am very concious of the fact I'm not a strong singer compared to the other sixth form girls, but I've never been flagged up as a concern before.
    Today, my teacher said to me "You're unlikely to get you're place on stage - we'd like our sixth form girls to be the more dancey, show off types. You know, for the younger ones."
    I'm a bit quieter than the other girls, and i'm partially sighted too, which makes me worry about whether i see all of my teachers' movements so i'm always intensely focussed on trying to get it right.
    I'm obviously not going to argue about her decision, but i am very upset about it. I really do have such a passion for being in a choir, and I absolutely love and admire Gareth Malone. Can anyone advise me on what to do now? I'm so disheartened and I don't understand why it has happened this yesr - I have never known anyone be removed as a sixth former!
    I don't think it sonds like a decision that has been set in stone - you just have to show her that you can be more dancey, show off-y, which to me sounds cringy but anyway. Okay, it may be difficult to your partial-sightedness but maybe you can do something about that like memorise the routines and/or copy the girls around you? and in terms of singing take deep breaths and make more of an effort to be 'louder' (without sounding like a football crowd) to stand out more

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.