English Literature A2 Revision Help? Watch

bunchofrosies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I got an awful grade at AS (D) and pretty much everyone bar 2 people got a D or below, and I'm in major need of help in revision for my mocks and the actual exams as I need a B to get into the uni of my choice.

I understand that I need to do lots of practise essays but I don't know what I can do before the exams in terms of revision, or any useful websites? Do I revise quotes? Context? I need a checklist of things to do for each text and it would really help if someone could help me out with that?

My mock is on Antony and Cleopatra and my exam board is Edexcel.

Thank you! Please help!
HeyImKate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bunchofrosies)
So I got an awful grade at AS (D) and pretty much everyone bar 2 people got a D or below, and I'm in major need of help in revision for my mocks and the actual exams as I need a B to get into the uni of my choice.

I understand that I need to do lots of practise essays but I don't know what I can do before the exams in terms of revision, or any useful websites? Do I revise quotes? Context? I need a checklist of things to do for each text and it would really help if someone could help me out with that?

My mock is on Antony and Cleopatra and my exam board is Edexcel.

Thank you! Please help!
I can't talk specifically because I'm not doing the same text or exam board as you, but I can give you some general advice.

Do you get given the text in the exam, because if not I would put learning quotes as your top priority? In fact, even if you do have the text with you in the exam, pick out good quotes and know vaguely where they are in the text, so that you don't spend ages in the exam looking for them. I find it helpful to group quotes based on the themes they fit into, so maybe you could find out some common themes that are explored in essay questions and make sure you have a bank of quotes for each. (eg. love, relationships etc)

I'd also say that while writing practice essays is useful, it is also good to just find exam questions and plan essays around them. This helps you to again connect specific quotes to specific question themes and also helps you to get better at structuring your answers, and planning in 5 minutes during the exam.

Hope this helps
bunchofrosies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you! This really did help! Yeah we get the texts in the exam but like you said I think it will be a waste of time if I just rely on finding quotes in the exam. I'll definitely group them on theme so thank you!
Planning the essays is a really good idea! And much less time consuming so thank you so much for your tips!
Good luck!
HeyImKate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bunchofrosies)
Thank you! This really did help! Yeah we get the texts in the exam but like you said I think it will be a waste of time if I just rely on finding quotes in the exam. I'll definitely group them on theme so thank you!
Planning the essays is a really good idea! And much less time consuming so thank you so much for your tips!
Good luck!
No worries. Good luck to you too, hope you get the grades you need!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads