Does she think I'm not good enough? Watch

BlindHope
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I'd really appreciate some advice if anyone has anything to offer? Thanks!

So I'm 16 and i'm in my 6th year of my school's all girls choir. I've been in every single concert and do my absolute best to learn music and sing as well as I can. I am very concious of the fact I'm not a strong singer compared to the other sixth form girls, but I've never been flagged up as a concern before.
Today, my teacher said to me "You're unlikely to get you're place on stage - we'd like our sixth form girls to be the more dancey, show off types. You know, for the younger ones."
I'm a bit quieter than the other girls, and i'm partially sighted too, which makes me worry about whether i see all of my teachers' movements so i'm always intensely focussed on trying to get it right.
I'm obviously not going to argue about her decision, but i am very upset about it. I really do have such a passion for being in a choir, and I absolutely love and admire Gareth Malone. Can anyone advise me on what to do now? I'm so disheartened and I don't understand why it has happened this yesr - I have never known anyone be removed as a sixth former!
BlindHope
Rep:
?
I'd want to do everything I possibly can to stay in the choir because I absolutely love it
Kalahari99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like you're in really tricky situation there :/ Have you tried explaining to your teacher that your partial sightedness makes you focus less on being "dancy"? Also I think your teacher is bang out of order btw, especially since you've been in the choir so long!
BlindHope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kalahari99)
Sounds like you're in really tricky situation there :/ Have you tried explaining to your teacher that your partial sightedness makes you focus less on being "dancy"? Also I think your teacher is bang out of order btw, especially since you've been in the choir so long!
Thank you, i'm glad you agree. I could try explaining it to her a bit more. She doesnt really know much about what i can and can't see
Kalahari99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BlindHope)
Thank you, i'm glad you agree. I could try explaining it to her a bit more. She doesnt really know much about what i can and can't see
Maybe you could try reiterating to this teacher how much the choir means to you? Also it's not fair that you're under pressure to be dancy and a show-off just because you're a sixth former, if the younger girls aren't being forced to do this then neither should you!
BlindHope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kalahari99)
Maybe you could try reiterating to this teacher how much the choir means to you? Also it's not fair that you're under pressure to be dancy and a show-off just because you're a sixth former, if the younger girls aren't being forced to do this then neither should you!
I know, it isn't very fair. I'm only an average singer so i'd seem ridiculous if I started showing off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise