do I have a change for sporting scholarship? Watch

Qinge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
2 years ago I was National Champion in my sporting career, I had to stop due to health issues, spending time in hospital.

I do wish to get back into sport, preferably after I finish my A-Levels. I have been doing light training in gym but not too often, but I do want to train more when I can.

Would universities find this appealing to take me onto their courses and would a title like this allow me to potentially to get a scholarship?
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it's appealing to get you onto the courses but not for the scholarship, I know at my uni you have to be still doing the sport when you apply..
Qinge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackieox)
I think it's appealing to get you onto the courses but not for the scholarship, I know at my uni you have to be still doing the sport when you apply..
Which uni is that, if I may ask?

The reason I'm not doing it now is due to illness.to be honest that can't be helped really.

And would the title make me stand out amongst other applicants?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Qinge)
2 years ago I was National Champion in my sporting career, I had to stop due to health issues, spending time in hospital.

I do wish to get back into sport, preferably after I finish my A-Levels. I have been doing light training in gym but not too often, but I do want to train more when I can.

Would universities find this appealing to take me onto their courses and would a title like this allow me to potentially to get a scholarship?
You should call the uni you have applied to confirm. They expect you to still be doing the sports you were doing and also planning to do it during uni (at a national level), and also evidence and reference.
Qinge
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
You should call the uni you have applied to confirm. They expect you to still be doing the sports you were doing and also planning to do it during uni (at a national level), and also evidence and reference.
would they be lenient if the break was due to illness? And I haven't sent off UCAS yet.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Qinge)
would they be lenient if the break was due to illness? And I haven't sent off UCAS yet.
Ask them, as they all have e different criteria; not to mention some a more strict than others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed