Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ! I received an offer letter for an LLM in Exeter (European Law) for October 2003. I requested and obtained to deffer my entry to October 2005.

Unfortunately, my offer letter is an conditionnal one since my level of English is not high enough (shame on me !) : IELTS 6.5 (+5 in writing) and I need 7.0.

I'd like to spend 10 weeks at the English Language Centre of Exeter : Pre-sessional courses.

The web site of the English Language Centre says that "Students with the specified entry requirements who satisfactorily complete the (pre-sessional) course may be accepted directly into their Department at Exeter University".

Does it mean that I won't have to undergo an IELTS exam in order to be accepted by the Uni ?

Could someone give me some advice regarding this english courses ?

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea what you are talking about sorry.

why not ring the english language centre or the university and ask them as noone but them will know the answer honestly to your question.

or you could email them if you would feel more confident that way.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i have no idea what you are talking about sorry.

why not ring the english language centre or the university and ask them as noone but them will know the answer honestly to your question.

or you could email them if you would feel more confident that way.

love Katy ***

Dear Katy,

I was pretty sure you would answer my post.

Could you please have a look at this web site's page and give me your opinion about it.

http://www.ex.ac.uk/elc/courses/presess.htm

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    lol, im glad im so predictable!

i looked at the website you posted...and i don't really have an opinion on it as it makes no sence to me. i dont understand what all the qualification in english mean as i just sat my gcse and thats that...i dont know what level is required by the uni for people who didnt sit gcse english and again i'll emphasise that only the people running the course you want to do will be able to advise you on this.

love Katy ***

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 30, 2004

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.