Roughly a week ago and bet around £400
X86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CherryPoppins)
Go
Were you just up for a gamble or did you actually have some insight into the US election.

If so what was it that made you think trump would win?
hytre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CherryPoppins)
Roughly a week ago and bet around £400
I was actually think about sticking £140 on trump last night at 13/2 just when the results started coming in. However I bottled it and only put £20 on it. I wish I had your courage.

Question: How confident were you that you would win this bet?
Da Di Doo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was going to bloody put in £500 for Trump but chickened out at the last minute!

I did the same for the last general election too. I was about to bet around £300-£400 on the Conservatives but I chickened out again. FML...
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you going to donate the money to BLM?
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So for your first bet you put £90 on around 4.5 decimal odds, so what were the stake and odds for the second bet?

Another £310 on the same odds? :dontknow:
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hytre)
I was actually think about sticking £140 on trump last night at 13/2 just when the results started coming in. However I bottled it and only put £20 on it. I wish I had your courage.

Had £50 at 5.5...was so tempted to put another 50 on 7s but also bottled it. Ah well 200 quid will do me fine
CherryPoppins
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by X86)
Were you just up for a gamble or did you actually have some insight into the US election.

If so what was it that made you think trump would win?
I was on 4chan at the time and saw lots of threads talking about how hillary was going to get into trouble with the fbi and so on. turned out it was a bunch of bullocks in the end but trump still won

(Original post by hytre)

boy are those some good odds for trump winning. i was actually surprised when the results started coming in and hillary was winning ohio, north carolina and florida. i guess at £20 you still made some decent bank though.. also, at the time of betting, i thought the race was pretty even but for some reason the betting companies just did not see trump winning so i thought i might as well take advantage..

(Original post by Da Di Doo)
I was going to bloody put in £500 for Trump but chickened out at the last minute!

I did the same for the last general election too. I was about to bet around £300-£400 on the Conservatives but I chickened out again. FML...
aww that sucks! if im honest though, if you're thinking about putting so much money on trump, you must have been quite confident as opposed to say only betting £10. you must have seen something in trump right? good instincts?
CherryPoppins
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by JohnGreek)
Are you going to donate the money to BLM?
no but i might donate some money to charities that help people with gambling problems

(Original post by Davalla)
So for your first bet you put £90 on around 4.5 decimal odds, so what were the stake and odds for the second bet?

Another £310 on the same odds? :dontknow:
i took a few bets on different sites at different odds. my first one was 4.5, my second was 2.25 (dont ask why) and the rest were pretty high
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what charity are you donating your winnings to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%