The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

America Schmerica. - I can't take it anymore.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AshEntropy
Is it bad to think this person needs to get a grip?

It's not nice to make assumptitions about people you don't know on the internet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by StrawbAri
It is bad because you're not aware of the struggles this person may or may not be facing.

True
Aw :frown: :hugs:
Unfortunately, people are full of hatred for immigrants and the establishment rn. The political climate has completely changed, and I see more right-wing nationalist leaders being elected in some European countries in their upcoming elections. It's just something we have to deal with.
Reply 23
Original post by Anon_98
Okay so I can't breathe.

I'm currently struggling to inhale like a regular being.

After spending my entire morning laughing.

(And I mean from around 7am-12pm, in hysterical fits to the point where you can no longer feel your stomach or stand up straight.)

.. my entire afternoon crying.

(And I mean to the point where you can no longer see what's ahead of you or feel your eyes.)

I have now officially run out of tissues as well as emotions + I don't know what to do with myself.

I totally don't want to leave the house to buy some bc I'm a state anyway + it's ever so cold.

So I'm sat here posting this cause that's what I always do when I feel helpless.

I'm so tremendously upset, I've just finished having my 8th or 9th shower of the day bc showers usually help me feel a bit better but I'm not feeling better at all, just even colder + I feel so incredibly sad + terrible.

I feel so terrible, as I'm sure millions of others do too + I'm so sorry for everyone + it's terrible + everything is terrible. Really, truly terrible + I absolutely hate everything bc well, I just do bc its terrible.

No one likes discussing politics bc it's way too intense of a topic so all I've been able to do in an attempt to alleviate my sorrow is text a few sentences to a few friends.

But that meant that some people received wild messages expressing amusement whilst others got messages filled with tears + I just needed to compile everything all somewhere.

+ no one has replied to them anyway bar my Literature group.

Oh + my sibling has been comforting me for over 7 hours + apparently doesn't know what to do anymore so she's resorted to staring at me whilst I pace up + down the house muttering gibberish.

I literally don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Nor do I know the precise reasons behind my tears any longer.

Have I mentioned that I've run out of tissues.

Maybe this should've been placed in advice in everyday issues.

I honestly don't understand why the world is so terrible.

I want to be sheltered from all the bad.

Can someone pls, pls shelter me.

I would like to count my pennies in peace.

I just.. strongly dislike earth.

Why can't people be nice.

Not even wholly nice, just semi-nice would do.

Why can't everyone be semi-nice.

Why can't everyone be human.

Why is being human apparently such a difficult trait to hold.

Life would be so much easier + happier.

Dear God, I really can't take it. :cry:

Got a notification but I can't see your post anywhere.. Feel free to PM me if you wish :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Anon_98
x

I'm sorry for saying that you need to get a grip and that you were a tumblrina, I didn't think that maybe other things in your life were contributing to making you upset.

Reply 26
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

hahahahahahah
Is it bad to think this person needs to get a grip?

Yeah lol, he didn't even know me.
Lol grow up
Original post by Anon_98
Okay so I can't breathe.

I'm currently struggling to inhale like a regular being.

After spending my entire morning laughing.

(And I mean from around 7am-12pm, in hysterical fits to the point where you can no longer feel your stomach or stand up straight.)

.. my entire afternoon crying.

(And I mean to the point where you can no longer see what's ahead of you or feel your eyes.)

I have now officially run out of tissues as well as emotions + I don't know what to do with myself.

I totally don't want to leave the house to buy some bc I'm a state anyway + it's ever so cold.

So I'm sat here posting this cause that's what I always do when I feel helpless.

I'm so tremendously upset, I've just finished having my 8th or 9th shower of the day bc showers usually help me feel a bit better but I'm not feeling better at all, just even colder + I feel so incredibly sad + terrible.

I feel so terrible, as I'm sure millions of others do too + I'm so sorry for everyone + it's terrible + everything is terrible. Really, truly terrible + I absolutely hate everything bc well, I just do bc its terrible.

No one likes discussing politics bc it's way too intense of a topic so all I've been able to do in an attempt to alleviate my sorrow is text a few sentences to a few friends.

But that meant that some people received wild messages expressing amusement whilst others got messages filled with tears + I just needed to compile everything all somewhere.

+ no one has replied to them anyway bar my Literature group.

Oh + my sibling has been comforting me for over 7 hours + apparently doesn't know what to do anymore so she's resorted to staring at me whilst I pace up + down the house muttering gibberish.

I literally don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Nor do I know the precise reasons behind my tears any longer.

Have I mentioned that I've run out of tissues.

Maybe this should've been placed in advice in everyday issues.

I honestly don't understand why the world is so terrible.

I want to be sheltered from all the bad.

Can someone pls, pls shelter me.

I would like to count my pennies in peace.

I just.. strongly dislike earth.

Why can't people be nice.

Not even wholly nice, just semi-nice would do.

Why can't everyone be semi-nice.

Why can't everyone be human.

Why is being human apparently such a difficult trait to hold.

Life would be so much easier + happier.

Dear God, I really can't take it. :cry:

Hi there. You sound rather overwhealmed at the moment. Can I ask if this sort of thing happens often? If it does it may be a sign that you've got some emotional or mh issues that could be helped by seeing your doctor and discussing the option of counselling or therapy.

I can see why a lot of people may be feeling worked up or concerned right now given the recent election, but you sound like you may be overreacting somewhat. I know a lot of people on here are saying that you need to grow up or stop taking it so seriously and frankly that is true, but it can be difficult to know how to do that so if you need some help with your emotions or anything like that don't be affraid to reach out.

Feel free to talk to me or to post a new thread here for advice if you need it (people in the mh section are lovely). :smile:
Original post by AperfectBalance
No when big things dont go my way I dont cry for a whole day, I might be a little angry and sad but I do not get this worked up.

Move on and accept this is the real world, not everything will go your way.

And because you do that everyone else has to as well?

And because someone is upset instead of simply not replying you have to stir the pot?

The more polarized the world becomes, the more clear it becomes just what a lousy species homo sapiens is.
hahahahahahah

[video="youtube;JbepN4dKLbU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbepN4dKLbU[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm going to ignore most of the comments (and how long ago this was) and just say this:

Everyone has a time where everything just feels like crap and you feel a bit lost. You just have to find something that grounds you or makes you smile.

This may seem like a silly video, but not one person who I've shown this to doesn't at least get the smallest smile across their face and I hope it does that who feels crappy for whatever reason:
All of your presidents have already been chosen for the next 50 years. If they fall out of line they get assassinated. Some people write history and others write the future. Your votes mean nothing because you don't choose the candidates to begin with. Every major event and act of war of the past decades was staged by an unseen committee. The president is just a friendly face.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SamuelAshbourne
All of your presidents have already been chosen for the next 50 years. If they fall out of line they get assassinated. Some people write history and others write the future. Your votes mean nothing because you don't choose the candidates to begin with. Every major event and act of war of the past decades was staged by an unseen committee. The president is just a friendly face.

you sound really antisemitic, please don't post, especially not to bump 4 year old threads.

Latest