Turn on thread page Beta

I've lived my life gaining the trust of many people, trust which I can never break. I can never think of doing something which could break the trust that my family has for me or shame my family, however they still have trust issues with me, like I know I'm not perfect no one is, but what have they seen me do that's so bad that they always shun me and exclude me from stuff. It hurts a lot and then theres me who never has ever raised my voice at them. I'm being pushed around if I don't do something now i'll be pushed around like this all my life, but what can I do? I'm too scared to even look them directly in the eyes.

ReputationRep:
    omg
    im so sorry
    do you have siblings?

(Original post by HS2030)
    omg
    im so sorry
    do you have siblings?
    yes, I have two brothers but they don't get pushed around like I do :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yes, I have two brothers but they don't get pushed around like I do :/
    im assuming you are a girl, and maybe your family have that typical view that girls are less important. I really feel for you, but if you dont feel comfortable at home, you should surround yourself first outside your home with your friends, and spend time with them. this will help you feel confident. it can be one friend even. and if ur a boy, im assuming they are older, maybe buld a relationship with your brothers? like talk about normal stuff, and ask what happened. tell them a few funny stories that happened, or maybe even "i still remeber when you..." dont expect a result too soon but i hope this helps.
    please tell me anything about yourself and ill try to help.

(Original post by HS2030)
    im assuming you are a girl, and maybe your family have that typical view that girls are less important. I really feel for you, but if you dont feel comfortable at home, you should surround yourself first outside your home with your friends, and spend time with them. this will help you feel confident. it can be one friend even. and if ur a boy, im assuming they are older, maybe buld a relationship with your brothers? like talk about normal stuff, and ask what happened. tell them a few funny stories that happened, or maybe even "i still remeber when you..." dont expect a result too soon but i hope this helps.
    please tell me anything about yourself and ill try to help.
    I'm a girl, and I'm the oldest from my siblings, my situation is not bad it's just at times they don't understand me, when my parents divorced my dad got married again, and soon after my mum got married again, my parents couldn't give a care in the world for us to be honest, as all these years my grandparents have raised us, my grandparents are the only ones who trust me 100% it's just some of my aunts and uncles like to mess with my feelings, like be sweet to my face then talk nonsense about me behind my back, to e honest I've kept my distance from them and just focusing on my studies, people like them will come and go in your life, but thank you for your advice I appreciate it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.