My head is so confused?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I look at myself in a photo or in the mirror etc I feel I'm at best average looking. Yet apparently girls find me quite attractive. I'm just so confused by what to think because I feel there's no way I'm as attractive as they let on and because of that my self esteem is quite low. It's shallow as hell but it's the truth. (I don't want to upload a picture as I know some of my friends use this site)

Is it normal to think you're worse looking than you actually are? Also when I rewatched a snapchat video of me last night I thought I looked ugly as hell!!!
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you just lack confidence, let's be honest, a lot of people don't think they're as good looking as they are because of confidence. If other people are finding you attractive then you need to believe it and acknowledge that you are better looking than you think.
TK_23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I look at myself in a photo or in the mirror etc I feel I'm at best average looking. Yet apparently girls find me quite attractive. I'm just so confused by what to think because I feel there's no way I'm as attractive as they let on and because of that my self esteem is quite low. It's shallow as hell but it's the truth. (I don't want to upload a picture as I know some of my friends use this site)

Is it normal to think you're worse looking than you actually are? Also when I rewatched a snapchat video of me last night I thought I looked ugly as hell!!!
I agree it's probably a lack of confidence! And probably you end up focusing on what you think are flaws so much because that's what sort of things stick in your head. Be happy with yourself !
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Makes sense, thank you!
Holly989blue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also, girls find many things attractive, not just your face. I have fancied many stereotypically 'ugly' guys for other reasons - what they wear, their sense of humour, etc.. Don't worry about it so much. If girls are interested, there's no need to worry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise