Turn on thread page Beta

What are your opinions on people who don't drink alcohol/drink little alcohol? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does it depend on their reason?

ReputationRep:
    Smarter than I am..

ReputationRep:
    Well its up to them tbh.....I dont....well not anymore, I used to.....everyone has their own reasons...

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't care actually. I don't go out on the binge every night these days so most of the time I drink is over a nice meal or before bed. If I am having a meal with someone who doesn't drink that's fine :confused: lol

I also have better relationships with any of my friends who don't drink a lot anymore.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Comrades. :five:

ReputationRep:
    It makes no difference to me whether someone drinks or not, no matter the reason. It's a personal decision.

ReputationRep:
    they can be social without drinking, thats great

ReputationRep:
    It would be as interesting to me as whether they preferred butter or margarine. Why is it even a question?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less if someone drinks or not, whatever their reasons. Its their life and their choice. As long as they don't look down upon those that do drink then I don't see why anyone could see a problem in someone not drinking.

ReputationRep:
    My friend doesn't drink. With the exception of drinking games like Ring of Fire and Never Have I Ever where she has her own drink, it doesn't make much of a difference to us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    It would be as interesting to me as whether they preferred butter or margarine. Why is it even a question?
    It's just I've heard a lot of people over the last few days say that people who don't drink are boring, I was interested to hear what others thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redacrylic)
    It's just I've heard a lot of people over the last few days say that people who don't drink are boring, I was interested to hear what others thought
    Fair enough. It seems to come up a lot as a question, so maybe this is a widespread view.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the context.

Religious objections end the conversation.

Some people don't drink (much) cause they never started properly drinking. To some extent I understand as I didn't drink until I was 18 either, but I feel you miss out if you don't let go once in a while. I find it awkward when some people refuse to go beyond one beer on the last party in the term before we all go back home. I don't expect everybody to get totally smashed, just don't fear ethanol. Nothing will happen if you get properly pissed once in your life and you sure will have a story to tell ;-)

And there are those that are taking a break from drinking after an intense alcoholic holiday or term (yeah, some freshers go overboard...). These are veterans, give them some respect and stop being pushy with your shots.

ReputationRep:
    that i have no right to judge someone else for something that doesn't affect me...

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually impressed with people who don't need to drink vast amounts to have a good time at a party or club, I feel like I need at least a certain amount of alcohol for confidence

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand people who need to drink to have fun. In fact, people who insist that you need alcohol to have fun annoy me. They are usually just covering for some insecurity.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.