Entry without usual qualifications? Watch

MrsB3003
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - Im wondering if anyone has got onto the Childrens Nursing Degree without stated entry requirements?

I have been working in Health and Social Care since leaving school and currently work as a Registered Manager of a Residential Home. I hold a level 3 NVQ and about to achieve my Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social care. I have 3 GCSE's and Functional Skills at level 2.

I'm finally in a position where I can return to education and have wanted to train as a children's nurse for some time. I was hoping my experience and vocational qualifications would help, but I am aware most Health and Social qualifications are worth nothing. Thats why I'm wondering if anyone has secured a place with experience etc.

Thanks in advance
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
care NVQ 3 , level 2 functional skills and evidence of further study at HE level ... the attitude of individual HEIs will be the key thing , you'll need to email / ring / visit and speak to admissions tutors
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise