The Student Room Group

Research on dress hire for balls

Hi there everyone, just wondered your thoughts on hiring dresses, i'd appreciate it if you could have a look at the following questions and get back to me. Thanks :smile:

a) Have you ever hired a dress for a ball / party? How much did it cost? Where did you get it from?
b) Would you be prepared to hire a dress/gown for a student ball / posh dinner dance?
c) What kind of style would you go for (ballgown / party dress)?
d) How much would you be prepared to pay?
e) Would you hire accessories (shoes / bag / hat / shawl etc...) to go with your outfit?
f) Do you prefer to buy - if so, why?
Reply 1
a) Have you ever hired a dress for a ball / party? How much did it cost? Where did you get it from? Not for a party, for private use. £100, local shop
b) Would you be prepared to hire a dress/gown for a student ball / posh dinner dance? Possibly, when people become more accepting
c) What kind of style would you go for (ballgown / party dress)? I prefer ballgowns
d) How much would you be prepared to pay? up to £200
e) Would you hire accessories (shoes / bag / hat / shawl etc...) to go with your outfit? Unless I own said accessories, yes
f) Do you prefer to buy - if so, why? I prefer not to leave evidence
Reply 2
Ha ha very funny - forgot to mention this one is ladies only - not that I have anyhting against cross-dressing individuals you understand!