Missing entry grades by one grade (AAA)- Will I still be taken in consideration? Watch

JulieEdiz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am applying for economics and german. The entry grades are AAA but I am predicted A*AB.

Will I still be considered? And will a good personal statement make up for it?
Junaid12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JulieEdiz)
I am applying for economics and german. The entry grades are AAA but I am predicted A*AB.

Depends on the University mate. But a friend of mine had BBB targets and got onto a course with AAB at University Of Birmingham. but that was also because she had some work experience and a killer personal statement.

Which Uni are you applying for?
PLL+GG28
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for a course (Modern Languages) with typical grade requirements AAB but they said they will consider people with a minimum of grades BBC as they know that people can exceed predictions. You should be fine especially with the A* you have predicted too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bunchofrosies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Have you tried using the Birmingham course eligibility checker? They tell you if you're likely to get an offer based on predicted grades, attained grades and GCSEs. I know I tried putting AAC and my course was AAB and they said they were likely to give me an offer, my target was AAB in the end which is what my offer was (I've applied for Business Management) but I would definitely recommend using the elgibility checker! It really eased my mind!
CobaltRose96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Like Junaid said, it really depends on the uni. I too have known people who fell short of the required grades, but were still offered a place. But it was usually because they did well at interview or had a good personal statement. Why not contact the uni and ask?
JulieEdiz
Rep:
?
(Original post by bunchofrosies)
Have you tried using the Birmingham course eligibility checker? They tell you if you're likely to get an offer based on predicted grades, attained grades and GCSEs. I know I tried putting AAC and my course was AAB and they said they were likely to give me an offer, my target was AAB in the end which is what my offer was (I've applied for Business Management) but I would definitely recommend using the elgibility checker! It really eased my mind!
Wow, that was so useful! Are you applying this year as well?
JulieEdiz
Rep:
?
(Original post by CobaltRose96)
Like Junaid said, it really depends on the uni. I too have known people who fell short of the required grades, but were still offered a place. But it was usually because they did well at interview or had a good personal statement. Why not contact the uni and ask?
When you say 'it depends on the uni', what does that mean? I thought I was referring to the university of Birmingham.

Also I do want to ask. Should I call the university or email?
CobaltRose96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you say 'it depends on the uni', what does that mean? I thought I was referring to the university of Birmingham.

Also I do want to ask. Should I call the university or email?
Yes, I know which uni you were referring to. What I meant by that was that different universities have different criteria and processes.

I think it'd be best to call them, as you're more likely to get a quick response. Some universities aren't particularly good at replying to emails, especially now they're so busy with UCAS applications around this time of year.
JulieEdiz
Rep:
?
(Original post by PLL+GG28)
I applied for a course (Modern Languages) with typical grade requirements AAB but they said they will consider people with a minimum of grades BBC as they know that people can exceed predictions. You should be fine especially with the A* you have predicted too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
bunchofrosies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow, that was so useful! Are you applying this year as well?
Yeah I got my offer about a month ago!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%