Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've always wanted to do medicine since I was small and become a doctor it's literally my dream. I recently did my gcse and I feel like they're not good enough where as other people who are applying have got better gcse grades than me as well as that other people have done a lot of extra curricular activities. All I've done is work experience at Boots,play the violin and volunteered at a charity shop. I feel like I won't be able to do medicine. This is the same with my friends. What should we/ I do ?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hi I've always wanted to do medicine since I was small and become a doctor it's literally my dream. I recently did my gcse and I feel like they're not good enough where as other people who are applying have got better gcse grades than me as well as that other people have done a lot of extra curricular activities. All I've done is work experience at Boots,play the violin and volunteered at a charity shop. I feel like I won't be able to do medicine. This is the same with my friends. What should we/ I do ?? Thanks
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSEs and what grades did you get in each of them? (We need to know because what you don't think is good enough might actually be really good).
    Which A Levels are you doing? What grades are you looking at getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSEs and what grades did you get in each of them? (We need to know because what you don't think is good enough might actually be really good).
    Which A Levels are you doing? What grades are you looking at getting?
    For alevels im doing maths,biology and chemistry. Hoping to get all A's or at least 1A* and for GCSE I got 1A* 4A's 6B

ReputationRep:
    For alevels im doing maths,biology and chemistry. Hoping to get all A's or at least 1A* and for GCSE I got 1A* 4A's 6B
    Mhm.. Oxford and Cambridge are definitely out of the picture for you. Your GCSEs seem fine for most medical schools.

What did you get in GCSE English Language, Maths and the sciences?

ReputationRep:
    Mhm.. Oxford and Cambridge are definitely out of the picture for you. Your GCSEs seem fine for most medical schools.

What did you get in GCSE English Language, Maths and the sciences?
    Maths - A*
    English language -B
    Biology - B
    Chemistry -A
    Physics - B

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A*
    English language -B
    Biology - B
    Chemistry -A
    Physics - B
    I'm sorry to say that a lot of medical schools wouldn't accept you, but I can find out which ones would.. hold on

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to say that most medical schools wouldn't accept you, but I can find out which ones would.. hold on
    Oh ok

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok
    Righteo, I read it incorrectly, a lot would accept you! Here's the list of what every medical school wants in terms of GCSEs

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    Righteo, I read it incorrectly, a lot would accept you! Here's the list of what every medical school wants in terms of GCSEs

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements
    Ohh thank God ! 😌 Are you doing medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh thank God ! 😌 Are you doing medicine?
    Hahaha no, being a doctor sounds like an absolute nightmare I'd much rather be in the laboratory

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha no, being a doctor sounds like an absolute nightmare I'd much rather be in the laboratory
    HAHA so what are you studying ??

ReputationRep:
    HAHA so what are you studying ??
    I study BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science because I much prefer the science behind medicine rather than the patient-approach to medicine. I could never cope with the amount of stress doctors have to cope with, with rude patients.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.