Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    currently i dont do german for gcse but i was considering it for a level as i have family in germany so i have quite a passion for it but i just wanted to ask is the gap too big if you havnt done german for gcse

ReputationRep:
    You have to study GCSE German in order to do A Level in it

ReputationRep:
    Very, very few places in the country will let you do German at A level without either GCSE or pre-existing GCSE standard knowledge.

If you make an effort to learn German to a good standard, and if there's a good reason why you couldn't do it at GCSE you might be able to ask your college to let you.

ReputationRep:
    SORRY op but without gcse you have no chance whatsoever. The oral exam for example requires you too speak German for 15 minutes and also speak about random cards about a selection of topics and it is very hard. The grammar is very complex and the topics learn are studied in great depth. If you are PASSIONATE, you will need to either do 3 hours of private German 1-1 from now until next September of spend 2 months on a crash course in a German language school minimum. I wish you the best of luck as it is a fantastic subject.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.