Dedicationiskey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
currently i dont do german for gcse but i was considering it for a level as i have family in germany so i have quite a passion for it but i just wanted to ask is the gap too big if you havnt done german for gcse
Lucas_Wojtysiak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You have to study GCSE German in order to do A Level in it
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very, very few places in the country will let you do German at A level without either GCSE or pre-existing GCSE standard knowledge.

If you make an effort to learn German to a good standard, and if there's a good reason why you couldn't do it at GCSE you might be able to ask your college to let you.
Bigpaddy27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
SORRY op but without gcse you have no chance whatsoever. The oral exam for example requires you too speak German for 15 minutes and also speak about random cards about a selection of topics and it is very hard. The grammar is very complex and the topics learn are studied in great depth. If you are PASSIONATE, you will need to either do 3 hours of private German 1-1 from now until next September of spend 2 months on a crash course in a German language school minimum. I wish you the best of luck as it is a fantastic subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?