Is Bsc. Economics and Bsc. Economics and Economic History in the same department? Watch

Jozanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm planning to apply to LSE for straight Economics, but as a back-up I put down Economics and Economic History (basically applying twice).

I was just wondering whether they are in the same department and whether they would have the same admissions tutor.

If they are the same, will I be at a disadvantage in the sense that, due to high competition for straight Economics, the tutor would offer Econ. and Econ History which is has lower requirements and is less competitive, and reject my offer for straight Econ?

Thanks!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They may just be or history may be taught in a different dept in combination with the econ dept. Generally it's ok to apply to more than one course if they're very closely related which they seem to be in this case. If you have a good reason to apply for both courses and have written a good statement to cover both you should be fine.
Ephemere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are not in the same department. However, BSc Economics and BSc Economics WITH Economic History are both under the Economics department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed