Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, got a bit of a dilema and just wanted peoples opinions

Well had an offer from warwick (BBB) which was my firm and an offer from the university in my hometown as my insurance.
    I didnt do brilliantly in my A levels and didn't get in Warwick, now im not sure what to do...i havent rung warwick yet only because 1) i'm not too sure whether i want to move away now (would like peoples opinions who stay at home and people who live in halls) and 2) not too sure if its worth it anyway because i got BDE

The university in my hometown is not the same standard as Warwick and i don't want to get there, not like it and waste money,
    Need some advice thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I'm only starting Uni this year, but I can pretty much guess what people are going to say.

Going to uni but living at home can make you feel a little on the outside. I would go to the better Uni and live away from home, and get the whole Uni 'experience' if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    If you were unsuccessful with Warwick, then there is no point phoning in - the university has already made a decision. I've worked in a university clearing department in the past and know this for a fact. It doesn't mean that Warwick is totally out of the question though. If you can get released by Northampton, then you can apply to Warwick through clearing, so long as it's for a different subject.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if i can go through clearing anyway with a different university?

Thats what i was worried about, the whole "not having the uni life", i wanna enjoy my time and make the most of it. I have other factors holding me back a bit like my boyfriend goes to the same uni and i wanted to start driving...

lol not meaning to put my problems on you, its just a damn annoying situation! Was going to accept living at home but me thinking more about it is making me think im not overly comfortable with that choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outsidein)
    Do you know if i can go through clearing anyway with a different university?
    Of course! I suggest you look on www.ucas.com and see what courses are available where and apply! Apply for as many as possible and see what you get. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    seriously if you can afford it move out deffo, i live at home and its a nightmare socially i dont have any friends haven't been out on a night out for the whole year and it can really pee you off having to travel i travel 40mins each way at least to uni and its HELL.

i would definately look at clearing, maybe change course to one similar but lower grades and move out

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.