Turn on thread page Beta

This time last year I wasn't in a very good place and suffered from desensitisation among many other symptoms but I never got a diagnosis as I wasn't prepared to talk to anyone about it.
    Come May, I began to get better and by August, instead of feeling empty and dead the entire time, I was hyper and confident and "crazy" and bubbly - back to an extreme version of my normal self.
    This has been sustained, with a couple of "off" days until a couple of days ago and now I'm not feeling great again and a couple of people have made comments that I look "sad".
    At the moment in school, a guy is being a bit of a d**** and decided that it's completely find for him to make jokes about me and if they aren't about me, will affect me or have something to do with me, but the second I attempted to make one in return, "oh it doesn't make sense" and oh "you're so annoying". And now this just continues the entire time in school, even if I'm not talking to him or trying to explain work to him.
    Even when I'm not in conversations with him, he makes an effort to put me down.
    Originally it just started as "banter" and then it went too far and I got p***ed and it stopped for a bit because a friend intervened, but now it's restarted but much worse and I have no way to avoid this guy because he's in 1/2 my classes and in my friend group.
    I just feel so empty all the time, but I keep crying and I'm so so scared I'm going to get worse now because I'm letting this guy affect me - but I can't deal with this in any way!
    My friend who got involved last time keeps saying "oh you need to stop letting it affect you, he's one guy" - but I can't!! That's not who I am as a person and it may only be one guy, but it's been going on for almost 2 months now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This time last year I wasn't in a very good place and suffered from desensitisation among many other symptoms but I never got a diagnosis as I wasn't prepared to talk to anyone about it.
    Come May, I began to get better and by August, instead of feeling empty and dead the entire time, I was hyper and confident and "crazy" and bubbly - back to an extreme version of my normal self.
    This has been sustained, with a couple of "off" days until a couple of days ago and now I'm not feeling great again and a couple of people have made comments that I look "sad".
    At the moment in school, a guy is being a bit of a d**** and decided that it's completely find for him to make jokes about me and if they aren't about me, will affect me or have something to do with me, but the second I attempted to make one in return, "oh it doesn't make sense" and oh "you're so annoying". And now this just continues the entire time in school, even if I'm not talking to him or trying to explain work to him.
    Originally it just started as "banter" and then it went too far and I got p***ed and it stopped for a bit because a friend intervened, but now it's restarted but much worse and I have no way to avoid this guy because he's in 1/2 my classes and in my friend group.
    I just feel so empty all the time, but I keep crying and I'm so so scared I'm going to get worse now because I'm letting this guy affect me - but I can't deal with this in any way!
    My friend who got involved last time keeps saying "oh you need to stop letting it affect you, he's one guy" - but I can't!! That's not who I am as a person and it may only be one guy, but it's been going on for almost 2 months now!!
    Does anyone else know about this absolute ****?

ReputationRep:
    Inform the teachers and ask them not to make a big deal out of it or a scene because that might just make things worse for you but just quietly watch over and when they see stuff going on if they just approach you/him and kind of make sure you're not being targeting. Also speak to your tutor and explain how things are affecting you.

And if the guy doesn't shut up and there's no teachers around just you know... Surprise him, tell him to shut the **** up

ReputationRep:
    Seriously after dealing with sh*t like this for so long, I would just give back the same answer he gives... "dude you make no sense"

Just shrug it off and keep an 'uninterested you are very lame' face on. Or...make a joke out of what he says. It's a tactic I used that confuses the hell out of people like that. ''Yh I am so short I have to use a double stool to use the sink"...lets see how much he understands sarcasm

I used to say sometimes "I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?"

Can you get a teacher etc involved? Except ask them not to make a huge fuss etc but to intervene when they see it happenong. That way he'd be none the wiser that you'd told. And he would be caught red handed.

As for your swinging moods from emptiness and crazy/bubbliness have you seen a GP about it? Or contacted mind.com? They could give you useful advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would seriously tell him to **** off and shut the **** up. People like that have VERY low self- esteem- give him a taste of his own medicine!

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Inform the teachers and ask them not to make a big deal out of it or a scene because that might just make things worse for you but just quietly watch over and when they see stuff going on if they just approach you/him and kind of make sure you're not being targeting. Also speak to your tutor and explain how things are affecting you.

And if the guy doesn't shut up and there's no teachers around just you know... Surprise him, tell him to shut the **** up
    I do tell him to shut up! Sometimes I'll walk away, and then it's fine for a couple of minutes, and then we end up "colliding" again.
    I don't really want to tell the teachers because I feel like they'd think he was just making jokes and I didn't make it clear I wasn't happy with it or something and they already think I'm kinda weird because I get stage fright in the middle of class and can't speak properly.

(Original post by starfab)
    Seriously after dealing with sh*t like this for so long, I would just give back the same answer he gives... "dude you make no sense"

Just shrug it off and keep an 'uninterested you are very lame' face on. Or...make a joke out of what he says. It's a tactic I used that confuses the hell out of people like that. ''Yh I am so short I have to use a double stool to use the sink"...lets see how much he understands sarcasm

I used to say sometimes "I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?"

Can you get a teacher etc involved? Except ask them not to make a huge fuss etc but to intervene when they see it happenong. That way he'd be none the wiser that you'd told. And he would be caught red handed.

As for your swinging moods from emptiness and crazy/bubbliness have you seen a GP about it? Or contacted mind.com? They could give you useful advice.
    The "I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?" Is really funny! Thanks!

He would know that it was me because everyone else likes him and he doesn't have a problem with anyone but me. He works well, gets good grades and is just a "great" student.
    I'm meant to be getting referred to CAMHS (without my consent or anything, and originally without my knowledge) for something else. I don't really like talking about how I feel and because I've been feeling much better since August, I don't really think I "need" to.

(Original post by sunshine774)
    I would seriously tell him to **** off and shut the **** up. People like that have VERY low self- esteem- give him a taste of his own medicine!
    But if he has "low self-esteem" (which is completely plausible), then it might make him feel worse.
    Everything got much worse when I made a joke about the size, or lack of size, of certain body part of his, and I instantly apologised and then everything just started getting much worse.
    That would kinda just make everything worse imo...

He was fine today, I tried to avoid him and my friend group as much as possible and when I was around him, he didn't say or do anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.