Turn on thread page Beta

Two digestives a day? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten in to the habit of eating two digestive biscuits a day. Otherwise I'm moderately healthy - have cereal/porridge in the mornings, wrap for lunch, and dinner is usually stir fry/ fish/chicken with veg etc.
    I also go to the gym every day, burning roughly 400 cals.

Should I limit myself to 1 per day? The only other snack I have is peanut butter

ReputationRep:
    Make it 1 and a half digestives to begin with if you cant handle going straight to 1 a day

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with eating 2 digestive biscuits a day, not sure why you think it's bad or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I have eaten a while packet of those things in a day.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of digestive biscuits is not going to do you any harm at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten two packets of digestives before and I'm still alive.

ReputationRep:
    More than one is haram. Sort it out mate

ReputationRep:
    That's not that bad at all. I wish that I could eat as little sweet food as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    I've gotten in to the habit of eating two digestive biscuits a day. Otherwise I'm moderately healthy - have cereal/porridge in the mornings, wrap for lunch, and dinner is usually stir fry/ fish/chicken with veg etc.
    I also go to the gym every day, burning roughly 400 cals.

Should I limit myself to 1 per day? The only other snack I have is peanut butter
    Gotten is not a word.

If you want a couple of biscuits then have them - it's hardly out of control, is it!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the digestive, if it's chocolate then cut down to one but if it's the plain ones then eat 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Gotten is not a word.

If you want a couple of biscuits then have them - it's hardly out of control, is it!
    Gotten is the past participle of get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Not in British English it isn't:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gotten

This is a very common error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Found the English Lang. student

What was the question?Oh yeah, biscuits and stuff.

I eat 4 lunchbox sized chocolate bars a day, and that's just for lunch. But then, the work I do is very physical, so it (mostly) gets burnt off.

ReputationRep:
    Then there's just me eating the entire Tesco bakery...

ReputationRep:
    wtf i ate a whole pack of custard creams yday without thinkin twice?

ReputationRep:
    Gotten is not a word.

Gotten may not be grammatically correct in Britain, but you used an exclamation mark where you should have used a question mark.
    There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody's grammar, provided that you yourself have not made any errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJusty)
    Gotten may not be grammatically correct in Britain, but you used an exclamation mark where you should have used a question mark.
    There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody's grammar, provided that you yourself have not made any errors.
    Unfortunately, the error is yours - what you're talking about is punctuation, not grammar.

There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody's grammar, provided that you know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Place a pack of chocolate digestives near me, and they'll barely last a minute near me. :no:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Unfortunately, the error is yours - what you're talking about is punctuation, not grammar.

There's nothing wrong with correcting somebody's grammar, provided that you know what you're talking about.
    There's also nothing wrong with typing a sentence, provided you leave a space after the full stop and before the emoji.

ReputationRep:
    You absolute madman.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.