Turn on thread page Beta

Confused? watch

Announcements

Why did so many people get so low in Unit 3 module of Business Studies 2003?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I have no clue, but am 1 of those people. I did AQA, what did you do?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    That type of examination for modules 2 and 3 were a new implementation weren't they?

I got low marks for Module 3 (82/120) after scoring 83/90 for both modules 1 and 2.

My paper's being re-marked because there was something not quite right with the C grade I achieved when it should have matched my other two modular scores.

I'll let you know the outcome!

I did OCR. Is it worth asking for the exam paper back?

ReputationRep:
    I really should have asked for my paper 3 back, but I couldn't be bothered, as I still managed to scrape an A overall, so it wasn't worth risking going down. I hate the new paper 2 and 3 system though.

Phil

What is the new system? Is it for your exam board only or for OCR as well?

ReputationRep:
    What is the new system? Is it for your exam board only or for OCR as well?
    I know it was definitely AQA, but think it was other boards also. It basically comprises of a preseeen case study, and turns the exam into an almost GCSE english lit type exam, which I wasn't happy with, as I got a B for GCSE lit.

Phil

I got that exactly as well, are you doing a business project worth 90 markets of A2 LEVEL?

ReputationRep:
    I got that exactly as well, are you doing a business project worth 90 markets of A2 LEVEL?
    No my school decided not to do anycoursework.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    I really should have asked for my paper 3 back, but I couldn't be bothered, as I still managed to scrape an A overall, so it wasn't worth risking going down. I hate the new paper 2 and 3 system though.

Phil
    You can't go down - if they remark it and give a lower mark, you keep the first one. Also, to the original poster, considering you and PHIL are talking about 2 completely different boards, it may be that you just underperformed and would benefit from a retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    You can't go down - if they remark it and give a lower mark, you keep the first one. Also, to the original poster, considering you and PHIL are talking about 2 completely different boards, it may be that you just underperformed and would benefit from a retake
    I though if you were remarked you had to accept the new mark even if it was lower, and that you only kept the highest mark if you resat a paper.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    I though if you were remarked you had to accept the new mark even if it was lower, and that you only kept the highest mark if you resat a paper.

Phil
    oh yeah you're right my bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    oh yeah you're right my bad
    That's allright, I thought that also originally but found out that wasn't the case recently (on results day)

Phil

dude. i am seeing Double. i must be really drunk. Two phils. yeah . this rocks

bloodhound

ReputationRep:
    dude. i am seeing Double. i must be really drunk. Two phils. yeah . this rocks

bloodhound

No we're very different people, though I must admit the world would be a better place with more people like me in it (just kidding)

Phil

ReputationRep:
    My teacher is complainin cos apparently unit 2 results were low across our year. i got 100% on units 1 and 3, but only 72/90 on unit 2 (thats for AQA). also my friend got A's for unit 1 and 3 but a C for unit 2!! she is demanding my paper be remarked, as she says my marks highlight the point she is tryin to argue best. i did try to explain to her that for that paper i left myself only 6 minutes to answer a 15 mk question (not good) which also happened to be that nasty (as i thought) question on HR!!

d xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee)
    My teacher is complainin cos apparently unit 2 results were low across our year. i got 100% on units 1 and 3, but only 72/90 on unit 2 (thats for AQA). also my friend got A's for unit 1 and 3 but a C for unit 2!! she is demanding my paper be remarked, as she says my marks highlight the point she is tryin to argue best. i did try to explain to her that for that paper i left myself only 6 minutes to answer a 15 mk question (not good) which also happened to be that nasty (as i thought) question on HR!!

d xx

I think there's been many problems with this new examination - most of it's probably down to the markers and their relative inexperience when marking these scripts as opposed to the conventional modules 2 and 3. We'll see what happens when our re-marks come through, though.

ReputationRep:
    When is the latest date you can ask to see your script and get a remark?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    When is the latest date you can ask to see your script and get a remark?

Phil
    any enquiries must be received by the relevant awarding body by 22 aug if your uni/college place is at stake. as this is as level, any enquiries or re-mark requests must be received by 20 sep - so plenty of time yet!

d xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee)
    any enquiries must be received by the relevant awarding body by 22 aug if your uni/college place is at stake. as this is as level, any enquiries or re-mark requests must be received by 20 sep - so plenty of time yet!

d xx
    Thank God for that

Phil

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2003
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.