This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dajoruna)
Perhaps they are trying to make a statement, you could wear a t-shirt with any slogan and you 'might' be attacked.
Yeah but there's a higher chance of you being than other statements on t shirts. You risk being murdered, if you hear of 'pro-lifers' bombing clinics and killing those wh ocarry out abortions in the USA. This is where the site is too.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The whole pro-life thing is really scary. Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one).
I'd never wear that t-shirt even if I am pro-choice
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know who would ever want to wear such a t-shirt

On a lighter note one of my male friends has a t-shirt which says 'Cover me in chocolate and feed me to lesbians', which is quite embarrassing when in public :rolleyes:
Dajo123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
The whole pro-life thing is really scary. Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one).
I'd never wear that t-shirt even if I am pro-choice
I agree. Pro lifers are enraged about what they deem to be the murder of another person, and they vent their anger how? by murdering other people, this doesn’t make any sense.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dajo123)
I agree. Pro lifers are enraged about what they deem to be the murder of another person, and they vent their anger how? by murdering other people, this doesn’t make any sense.
A bit inaccurate. There are pro lifers who would not do such a thing. Many of them are on UKL, thank you.
Dajo123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
A bit inaccurate. There are pro lifers who would not do such a thing. Many of them are on UKL, thank you.
You're right, i didnt mean to generalise, but i was referring to the "clinic bombers" ive seen on CNN. Sorry to all the non-extreme pro-lifers
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I also wasn't meaning all prolifers. It's just I honestly can't believe the lengths extremist ones go to :eek: .
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dajo123)
You're right, i didnt mean to generalise, but i was referring to the "clinic bombers" ive seen on CNN. Sorry to all the non-extreme pro-lifers
Yeah those that you hear on TV are fools. You get this with other topics too - views on meanings of religious texts especially. It's just the way some people are unfortunately. But maybe they take such drastic actions to get their voice heard. Look at Fathers 4 Justice, although I do realise there is a difference.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
i wonder what 5XL is, is it for really really fat people?
XXXXXL i think!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one)(
then why state the foundation of the debate in your post?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I saw the title of this thread I thought straight away that there is a danger that this will turn into yet another abortion debate. Obviously a very sensitive and provocative subject for many a person.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nik P)
http://store.yahoo.com/ppfastore/ihadabt.html

What the smeg!... now what kind of woman would wear such a thing... it is no surprise this hails from the "land of the free"...

I bet you there is going to be a "free speech" plonker who is going to try to justify this...
Imagine a guy wearing that...he'd get pelted with rocks, of course, by anti-abortionists.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not very inventive t shirts. I like ones with creativity, if not I'll wear plain white ones.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads