Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    Perhaps they are trying to make a statement, you could wear a t-shirt with any slogan and you 'might' be attacked.
    Yeah but there's a higher chance of you being than other statements on t shirts. You risk being murdered, if you hear of 'pro-lifers' bombing clinics and killing those wh ocarry out abortions in the USA. This is where the site is too.

ReputationRep:
    The whole pro-life thing is really scary. Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one).
    I'd never wear that t-shirt even if I am pro-choice

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who would ever want to wear such a t-shirt

On a lighter note one of my male friends has a t-shirt which says 'Cover me in chocolate and feed me to lesbians', which is quite embarrassing when in public :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    The whole pro-life thing is really scary. Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one).
    I'd never wear that t-shirt even if I am pro-choice
    I agree. Pro lifers are enraged about what they deem to be the murder of another person, and they vent their anger how? by murdering other people, this doesn’t make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    I agree. Pro lifers are enraged about what they deem to be the murder of another person, and they vent their anger how? by murdering other people, this doesn’t make any sense.
    A bit inaccurate. There are pro lifers who would not do such a thing. Many of them are on UKL, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    A bit inaccurate. There are pro lifers who would not do such a thing. Many of them are on UKL, thank you.
    You're right, i didnt mean to generalise, but i was referring to the "clinic bombers" ive seen on CNN. Sorry to all the non-extreme pro-lifers

ReputationRep:
    I also wasn't meaning all prolifers. It's just I honestly can't believe the lengths extremist ones go to :eek: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    You're right, i didnt mean to generalise, but i was referring to the "clinic bombers" ive seen on CNN. Sorry to all the non-extreme pro-lifers
    Yeah those that you hear on TV are fools. You get this with other topics too - views on meanings of religious texts especially. It's just the way some people are unfortunately. But maybe they take such drastic actions to get their voice heard. Look at Fathers 4 Justice, although I do realise there is a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    i wonder what 5XL is, is it for really really fat people?
    XXXXXL i think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Surely it's worse to hurt someone who really is alive (I'm honestly not trying to provoke a debate on abortion here so please don't start one)(
    then why state the foundation of the debate in your post?

ReputationRep:
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought straight away that there is a danger that this will turn into yet another abortion debate. Obviously a very sensitive and provocative subject for many a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    http://store.yahoo.com/ppfastore/ihadabt.html

What the smeg!... now what kind of woman would wear such a thing... it is no surprise this hails from the "land of the free"...

I bet you there is going to be a "free speech" plonker who is going to try to justify this...
    Imagine a guy wearing that...he'd get pelted with rocks, of course, by anti-abortionists.

ReputationRep:
    Not very inventive t shirts. I like ones with creativity, if not I'll wear plain white ones.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.