Primary education with Qts - is it really worth it? Watch

Lucyfair
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm applying for Primary Education with QTS at Edge hill - but I'm seriously having doubts about whether I wanna do this or whether I want to do something completely different???

Has anyone got any advice on the course is it good or what??
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucyfair)
I'm applying for Primary Education with QTS at Edge hill - but I'm seriously having doubts about whether I wanna do this or whether I want to do something completely different???

Has anyone got any advice on the course is it good or what??
I'm applying for primary education as well. Have you done any work experience in a primary school? It will really help you decide whether you like doing that as a career or not.
Lucyfair
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yeah I've done about 800 hours so far but I just really can't decide!
wonderland.16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
800 hours?? That is a lot! I am also going to apply for Primary Ed, but thankfully I don't have the dilemma you have. My thoughts are as follows. Either, look into something else, get experience in it, and if you really think teaching isn't for you then don't do it! Otherwise, you have done 800 hours, which clearly shows dedication (how have you even managed to do so much??) and perhaps if you have done that many hours and you don't dislike it then don't discard it completely. What is your other choice? I might be too late in replying now, but if that's the case then what have you decided to do? At one point I was considering Law, Counselling, Education, even becoming a Doctor at one point. I think we all go through the whole 'is this right for me?' but in the end you have to choose what you think will be most beneficial to you, what you are good at or what you enjoy. Luckily for me it's Education all the way and no turning back. I' only applying in Wales though. Also, don't stress too much, you do still have a little over a month before the closing date!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%