Why does my boyfriend keep asking me for selfies? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend. He has started to ask me to send selfies of myself. I hate taking selfies in general anyway but I never complain and take pictures for him. Now he's just asking everyday, I decided to take like 5 in one day so I can send him a new one each time he asks, but then he says things like 'do you not have any new pictures? This looks like it was taken on the same day as the other one?' - I don't see what the big deal is if they were? It made me feel like I did something wrong. He can easily find many pictures of me on my Facebook or Instagram, yet asks me to specifically take new ones for him.
Anonymous #1
He managed to clear his entire phone out too by accident, and so asked me to send all of my selfies back to him, with a couple more.
DabThruUni
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay I have no idea.
But imagine the dude is making a scrap book or saink and he's leading it up to something big!!
I don't know why I jumped to that conclusion. Sorry, I just can't think of a reason why someone would do that other than the fact that he's probably really controlling. And I just didn't wanna start with such a negative perspective.
5 ham sandwiches
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Idk sounds like hes missing you

Posted from TSR Mobile
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you're mistaken as to the purpose of sending a selfie to him... it's not about him seeing what you look like, as you said once he's got a few pics he wouldn't need any more... it's more about you thinking of him, him feeling part of your day etc
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend. He has started to ask me to send selfies of myself. I hate taking selfies in general anyway but I never complain and take pictures for him. Now he's just asking everyday, I decided to take like 5 in one day so I can send him a new one each time he asks, but then he says things like 'do you not have any new pictures? This looks like it was taken on the same day as the other one?' - I don't see what the big deal is if they were? It made me feel like I did something wrong. He can easily find many pictures of me on my Facebook or Instagram, yet asks me to specifically take new ones for him.
He may be missing you... or he may just be acting creepy!
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He needs it for his **** bank. Guys do that all time in LDRs.
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Or he's probably secretly gay and is catfishing straight men with pictures of you...
Spoiler:
Show

He's probably NOT doing this, but for some reason that's the first thing that popped into my mind
username1495504
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My controlling ex did this to me. He would ask and expect pictures. Sometimes when he asked and I forgot he would kick off and be really angry/mean.

It's a sign of control. Watch out.
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Creepy. Break up with him...

...and then watch your pictures appear on the internet.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't be any harm in it but.... do NOT send him anything overtly sexual or naked. If anything happens in your relationship, he has those pictures of you for ever.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by markova21)
Can't be any harm in it but.... do NOT send him anything overtly sexual or naked. If anything happens in your relationship, he has those pictures of you for ever.
I don't ever plan on sending sexual pictures, I would only ever send him pictures of myself fully clothed just in case.
Tootles
Report 2 years ago
Maybe he's wanting new pictures of you because then you're there, alive and organic, rather than just a face he remembers. I've been in relationships like that, where we'd just randomly send pictures of ourselves or what we were doing. It's just a way he's trying to include you in his life, even though you're not physically there with him. I wouldn't get worried or think he's being creepy, he's just missing you and if you can't be there then a picture's the next best thing.
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)
My controlling ex did this to me. He would ask and expect pictures. Sometimes when he asked and I forgot he would kick off and be really angry/mean.

What has happened in your case doesn't mean it's going to be the same with someone else.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)

Exact same thing happened to me with my ex. He asked for them, and it was too much effort so sometimes I wouldn't send. He'd then get really angry and would 'expect' me to apologize. I don't have anything to apologize for. He was controlling and expected sex when he didn't get what he wanted for a lot of things. Don't feel obliged to send anything, because you're not.

As for the reason why, he is most probably very horny and will use that to ****. If you say you're in a LDR, I assume you don't have sex that often so that's probably why.

Also never send nudes - Biggest mistake of my life.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not pervy at all. In an LDR it's just another way of sharing your day with one another. You can't physically see each other and a photo helps to make up for that.
Maths is Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Couldn't you just facetime/Skype?

Pretty creepy tbh but it show's he is into you.
Ishax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just don't send selfies if you don't want too.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
As others said it could be for the bank.

Have you asked him why he needs one every day and that it makes you uncomfy?

It all sounds a bit needy and controlling to me. You should send them when you feel like it. If you arent a selfie sort of person, then consider whether you need to or what you would feel comfy with.

If he doesnt like it or doesnt listen, then dump him. Obviously be aware that anything you do send could end up being passed round, used in anger etc.
MagdalenaStudies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe he is making something from your and of couse, he must be missing you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.71%
Excited (139)
8.7%
Worried (290)
18.16%
Terrified (363)
22.73%
Meh (143)
8.95%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (220)
13.78%
Impatient (204)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise