Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently living in a flat with 3 others (all first years). We get on well and go out quite often, but recently one of my flatmates mentioned all getting a house next year together. Nobody said no (which would have been the smart thing to do), but this flatmate doesn't realise none of us want to live with him in 2nd year. in fact, the other 3 of us have spoke and said none of us will probably live together as we all have other friends we are thinking about living with, but the 4th flatmate doesn't have many other friends (as far as I'm aware), and therefore we're worried about telling him that we're living with other people because he might think he can just 'tag along' with one of us.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind him. But I know I don't want to live with him another year and I don't feel like I should have to just because I feel sorry for him. I don't feel as comfortable around him as I do my other friends, and he does a lot of things that irritate me.

So basically, what's the best way of bringing the situation up with him?? I don't want to hurt his feelings obviously but people are starting to look at housing for next year and I feel like the situation needs sorting as soon as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    its not you, its me

no im kidding, um this is a hard one...

i mean you guys are 19-20 you should be strong enough to go yo, we thinking of going separate ways but thanks for the offer

maybe see if there are any people out there wanting a roomate
    sorry i was no help

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.