Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I have a confirmed deferred place for Leeds university which starts in september 2017. I originally wanted to take a gap year and work to save up some money for when I start uni, which is why I applied for a deferred entry. However, I changed my mind and decided to do a foundation year at a different uni closer to home and that started this september just gone. Since starting the foundation year, I realised it wasn't for me and I've since got a job and therefore I haven't really attended over a month. I've just checked my e-mails and discovered they've withdrawn me from the course. I was planning to drop out but just hadn't got around to doing it. Stupidly, I thought because this was just a "filler" year, it wouldn't matter if I got kicked out.

But my question is, is Leeds uni likely to withdraw my place for next year? I'm very anxious now that they might find out i've been kicked out for bad attendance, and then withdraw my place expecting me to do the same next year. I regret this stupid mistake and literally only did it because at the time, I didn't even consider whether it would affect my proper degree course next year. Someone please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjamintaylor)
    But my question is, is Leeds uni likely to withdraw my place for next year? I'm very anxious now that they might find out i've been kicked out for bad attendance, and then withdraw my place expecting me to do the same next year. I regret this stupid mistake and literally only did it because at the time, I didn't even consider whether it would affect my proper degree course next year. Someone please help
    Your place is confirmed for September 2017. Unless you lied about your results at any stage, I'm pretty sure Leeds can't go back on that. Are they even aware you were doing a foundation year? Also why would you incur extra debt for a foundation year when you already had a confirmed place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Your place is confirmed for September 2017. Unless you lied about your results at any stage, I'm pretty sure Leeds can't go back on that. Are they even aware you were doing a foundation year? Also why would you incur extra debt for a foundation year when you already had a confirmed place?
    i didn't lie about my results, and no they are not aware that i was doing it. and it's a free year because i'm under 19, there's only a tuition fee if you're over 19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjamintaylor)
    i didn't lie about my results, and no they are not aware that i was doing it. and it's a free year because i'm under 19, there's only a tuition fee if you're over 19
    In that case, you're perfectly fine.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.