jacksman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi there everyone, very random i know. was just wondering if you smoke and are a unfit person can that effect your peak flow readings???, im a male, 20 years of age, 6ft4, never had asthma, i smoke a lot a drink a lot on the weekends, dont do exercise, iv hit 325 first time and 400 second time, is this to do with smoking?? thankyou
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jacksman)
hi there everyone, very random i know. was just wondering if you smoke and are a unfit person can that effect your peak flow readings???, im a male, 20 years of age, 6ft4, never had asthma, i smoke a lot a drink a lot on the weekends, dont do exercise, iv hit 325 first time and 400 second time, is this to do with smoking?? thankyou
The smoking would affect your peak flow reading, I m asthmatic and 5 4 and get readings like that.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
smoking will affect your readings

I'm also 5'5 and get readings around 300-380, my boyfriend can blow 600-700
jacksman
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
The smoking would affect your peak flow reading, I m asthmatic and 5 4 and get readings like that.
thank you for the reply, does it really affect it that much???
jacksman
Rep:
?
(Original post by doodle_333)
smoking will affect your readings

I'm also 5'5 and get readings around 300-380, my boyfriend can blow 600-700
need to quit smoking fast, second time i only reached 400!! does your boy friend smoke? i thought it wouldn't affect it at all thats why i was concerned
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
need to quit smoking fast, second time i only reached 400!! does your boy friend smoke? i thought it wouldn't affect it at all thats why i was concerned
nope neither of us smoke (although I am asthmatic)
jacksman
Rep:
?
nope neither of us smoke (although I am asthmatic)
how does it affect it that much if you dont mind me asking??
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From what I ve been told it can make quite a difference you re damaging your lungs by smoking after all, go see a health professional for some support
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't know. I just know when I got checked out for asthma my doctor basically said my peak flow readings wouldn't be especially low if I was a smoker. It makes sense really with all the stuff you're filling your lungs with that they're not going to work so well.
jacksman
Rep:
?
I don't know. I just know when I got checked out for asthma my doctor basically said my peak flow readings wouldn't be especially low if I was a smoker. It makes sense really with all the stuff you're filling your lungs with that they're not going to work so well.
huh? so smoking doesn't affect it?? never suffered from asthma all my life never wheeze never short of breathe of stuff like that thats why im a bit concerned, trying to join the army next year you see and just worried that they will tell me its a symptom of asthma,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (15)
38.46%
I really love the subject (13)
33.33%
I don't know what else to do (6)
15.38%
I can't get a job (1)
2.56%
My parents want me to (1)
2.56%