Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi there everyone, very random i know. was just wondering if you smoke and are a unfit person can that effect your peak flow readings???, im a male, 20 years of age, 6ft4, never had asthma, i smoke a lot a drink a lot on the weekends, dont do exercise, iv hit 325 first time and 400 second time, is this to do with smoking?? thankyou
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jacksman)
    hi there everyone, very random i know. was just wondering if you smoke and are a unfit person can that effect your peak flow readings???, im a male, 20 years of age, 6ft4, never had asthma, i smoke a lot a drink a lot on the weekends, dont do exercise, iv hit 325 first time and 400 second time, is this to do with smoking?? thankyou
    The smoking would affect your peak flow reading, I m asthmatic and 5 4 and get readings like that.

ReputationRep:
    smoking will affect your readings

I'm also 5'5 and get readings around 300-380, my boyfriend can blow 600-700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    The smoking would affect your peak flow reading, I m asthmatic and 5 4 and get readings like that.
    thank you for the reply, does it really affect it that much???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    smoking will affect your readings

I'm also 5'5 and get readings around 300-380, my boyfriend can blow 600-700
    need to quit smoking fast, second time i only reached 400!! does your boy friend smoke? i thought it wouldn't affect it at all thats why i was concerned

ReputationRep:
    need to quit smoking fast, second time i only reached 400!! does your boy friend smoke? i thought it wouldn't affect it at all thats why i was concerned
    nope neither of us smoke (although I am asthmatic)

ReputationRep:
    nope neither of us smoke (although I am asthmatic)
    how does it affect it that much if you dont mind me asking??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    From what I ve been told it can make quite a difference you re damaging your lungs by smoking after all, go see a health professional for some support

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I just know when I got checked out for asthma my doctor basically said my peak flow readings wouldn't be especially low if I was a smoker. It makes sense really with all the stuff you're filling your lungs with that they're not going to work so well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I just know when I got checked out for asthma my doctor basically said my peak flow readings wouldn't be especially low if I was a smoker. It makes sense really with all the stuff you're filling your lungs with that they're not going to work so well.
    huh? so smoking doesn't affect it?? never suffered from asthma all my life never wheeze never short of breathe of stuff like that thats why im a bit concerned, trying to join the army next year you see and just worried that they will tell me its a symptom of asthma,

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.