Turn on thread page Beta

CIVIL WAR: Violent rallies sweep America as protesters BURN US flag after Trump victo watch

ReputationRep:
    Violent rallies have taken place in New York, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Dallas to express their anger against the billionaire businessman which have continued long into the early hours of Thursday morning.

Hordes of demonstrators rushed to Trump Tower in Manhattan screaming "not my President", "New York hates Trump", "we reject the President-elect" and "f*** the wall".

ReadMore
    : http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...sco-washington
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    People got a chance to vote. The people decided Trump should be president. Get over it.

Not saying I like the guy, but that's how democracy works, you vote, and you get a decision.

ReputationRep:
    People are using their democratic right to protest and it gets hysterically labelled as civil war? The degenerate right really are embracing post-truth politics.

ReputationRep:

Name:  kccomb.png
Views: 112
Size:  61.0 KB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Democracy is ****.
    Every nation has a way of doing things, I don't think many are particularly effective.

Trump wins based on a state based representation, Clinton wins on popular vote. Either way, more than 50% of the population is disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    People are using their democratic right to protest and it gets hysterically labelled as civil war? The degenerate right really are embracing post-truth politics.
    As are the regressive left. Ironic that people who label themselves progressives and democratic are unable to accept a democratic decision.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, they had 8 years of "he's not my president" from the republicans not the shoe is on the other foot. At the end of the day they can protest and it wont change anything, nor should it, but thats how it ia unfortunatly.

ReputationRep:
    You got any more of dat hyperbole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Meh, they had 8 years of "he's not my president" from the republicans not the shoe is on the other foot. At the end of the day they can protest and it wont change anything, nor should it, but thats how it ia unfortunatly.
    Violent protests didn't happen due to Obama being elected though.

These riots are like how Bernie and Hillay fans caused violence at Mr Trump's rallies.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Violent protests didn't happen due to Obama being elected though.
    Wrong. One example, from 5 seconds of Googling: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us...ns-unruly.html

Doesnt look like Donald Dump is gonna be presi for very long lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Wrong. One example, from 5 seconds of Googling: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us...ns-unruly.html
    Okay, I'll amend: There were no mass riots when Obama was elected, apart from one at a university where a few hundred got a bit rowdy.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Okay, I'll amend: There were no mass riots when Obama was elected, apart from one at a university where a few hundred got a bit rowdy.
    And there haven't been any "mass riots" for Trump either. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    Democracy is ****.
    North Korea welcomes you...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if those protesters are kinda like terrorists. But they prefer violence,right?

Someone in Myanmar must be very surprised. They're the products of Democratic Party? Wow... :-)

Name:  1478792222263.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  18.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    People got a chance to vote. The people decided Trump should be president. Get over it.

Not saying I like the guy, but that's how democracy works, you vote, and you get a decision.
    Yeah I agree, I supported Hillary but now Trump's won the Americans are just going to have to move forward and try and make the best of what they have. Protesting will just further divide the country; they'll end up tearing each other apart!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Yeah I agree, I supported Hillary but now Trump's won the Americans are just going to have to move forward and try and make the best of what they have. Protesting will just further divide the country; they'll end up tearing each other apart!
    What is this? Someone with common sense I thought People like you were nearly Extinct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    What is this? Someone with common sense I thought People like you were nearly Extinct
    Is that a compliment?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks anyway!x

ReputationRep:
    Because there is no middle ground between democracy and an insane dictatorship. If you disagree with democracy, you are a communist! A fascist! An enemy of the people!
    Yup. Just look at all the closet-fascists protesting a democratic vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Not sure if those protesters are kinda like terrorists. But they prefer violence,right?

Someone in Myanmar must be very surprised. They're the products of Democratic Party? Wow... :-)

Name:  1478792222263.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  18.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're just scared of what Trump will do. But I agree, violence is not the answer! They need to accept the result;they will divide their country further with hatred and then what will happen?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.