When is the ideal time to work out? Watch

amyfry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Heya,

So I started going to the gym early in the morning right before heading to work but I'm wondering whether this will be productive in terms of gaining muscle. Would an evening session bring more result?
Luneth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd imagine you'd have more energy by the end of the day, though I suppose it depends on what you do for work.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think there's some evidence to show working out later in the day (early evening) promotes great anabolism than earlier in the day. I'd love to be able to quote the evidence for you but I'm afraid I can't call the source to mind.

Fundamentally though I suppose the best time to work out is the time when it fits with your schedule and you can do it on a regular basis, rather than worrying about the exact times. Having said that, if I could do an early evening rather than a morning, I would.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whenever is most convenient, the differences will be negligible.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are studies pointing at specific times of day but really the more important factor is YOU. If you feel exhausted after work then exercising in the morning is going to be better for you as you'll work harder and be less likely to skip work outs, on the other hand if you are not a morning person then it's better to go after work.
Anita Li
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
everything depends on you , you may have a look http://eachthing.info/how-to-work-ou...n-the-morning/ and choose best time and exeprsises that are suitable only for you.
as for me I cant's work out in the morning
yeah, I am lazybones girl, ahah
American Lobster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I usually go to the gym any time between 3 in the afternoon to six in the evening.
Puff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Evenings for me. I initially did first thigh in the morning but found I got better weight loss results doing it last thing before shower and bed.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think getting into a habit of early morning workouts is most desirable. But I must confess to not being able to get into this routine myself. When I've managed to do so, I feel great mentally going to work after streneous exercise. But I think you have to adjust your body clock to get used to the timing, so you might not perform optimally the first few mornings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%