Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How much do you spend or budget for clothes e.g each month (including shoes!)? Does this differ throughout the year, for example do you treat yourself to something extra around your birthday or Christmas?

I used to spend more on clothes, probably £40 ish a month, but I've found I have most of the clothes I want now so tend to just buy things now and then, so probably averages at about £20 now

ReputationRep:
    I tend to spend a lot on relatively few items which I then make work very hard for their keep. I supplement this core every year with a few extra items, but the core wardrobe is good enough quality to last a good few years before it needs replacing.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It tends to be high quality classic items that do not go out of fashion easily but are also more expensive because they last a lot longer.

These are supplemented with items for casual wear like t-shirts, polo shirts, shorts etc. which can be thrown out after one or two seasons.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I try not to spend much, but as weather changes and my general situation changes, I find I need to buy more to keep up with it all. I try not to spend more than £40, and will go often without spending anything. This month I've probably spent about £30, but £15 was from an Amazon voucher I had otherwise I wouldn't have bought what I did :laugh:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    No more than £50,normally less. I have a lot less clothes than I used to for sure.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Too much, I'm actually scared to check...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very little
    If you look at the food bills however :hide: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Not enough.

ReputationRep:
    Probably £200 every 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    How much do you spend or budget for clothes e.g each month (including shoes!)? Does this differ throughout the year, for example do you treat yourself to something extra around your birthday or Christmas?

I used to spend more on clothes, probably £40 ish a month, but I've found I have most of the clothes I want now so tend to just buy things now and then, so probably averages at about £20 now
    it depends on what I need but an average month I'd say must be £250-300 but when I go overboard can jump to say £2,000-3,000 in a month (my worst was when I had 6 suits and a tuxedo in a day it was a £3,500 purchase but well worth it)

ReputationRep:
    many times in years during discounted price , so not too much

ReputationRep:
    I don't budget for anything. I just spend money when I need to.

I hate shopping so only go when I need stuff. I probably shop for clothes 3 times a year and spend about £200. So I probably spend 600 a year.

ReputationRep:
    Only single time shopping in a year

ReputationRep:
    HAAH way too much!

Amazon.com or ASOS

Im a nightmare!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.