#DeepThoughtThursdays: What do you think happens after death? Watch

Deep-Thought
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Good afternoon, earth beings. The great computer Deep Thought is back, once again, to get your opinions to add to my databanks! I have many questions I want to ask you all, and many topics yet to cover.

But for this week, I want to know what you believe happens after death? And if anything has caused your views on this to change in the past?
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing. You cease to exist.
Whitewell
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Deep-Thought)
Good afternoon, earth beings. The great computer Deep Thought is back, once again, to get your opinions to add to my databanks! I have many questions I want to ask you all, and many topics yet to cover.

But for this week, I want to know what you believe happens after death? And if anything has caused your views on this to change in the past?
Im a Christian so I believe in the Resurrection. What happens before the Resurrection of the body is an interesting bone of contention within Christian thought and is affected by the different forms of dualism involved, how dualism is used to explain consciousness, personal identity etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mr Trump came back from the dead to win the election... ask him
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think once you die, you're dead. Nothing else happens to you, and I don't believe in resurrection, heaven or hell, etc. In a way though, I do think that they way you continue to live on in memory, and your belongings living on, and your family and any pets you have etc is a little like an afterlife in a way, just one that you don't experience, if that makes any sense at all
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
Mr Trump came back from the dead to win the election... ask him
I STILL can't believe he won it!
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I think once you die, you're dead. Nothing else happens to you, and I don't believe in resurrection, heaven or hell, etc. In a way though, I do think that they way you continue to live on in memory, and your belongings living on, and your family and any pets you have etc is a little like an afterlife in a way, just one that you don't experience, if that makes any sense at all
Very interesting perspective, and yes it does make sense!
Ruth199
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothin when we are dead we are dead there is nothib after
miser
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We know that if you damage parts of the brain, you lose cognitive capacity. Everything from one's personality to the ability to recognise faces is vulnerable to brain damage, so it follows that the total destruction of the brain would result in the total destruction of cognitive ability.

That seeming to be the case, death would result in an absolute loss of subjectivity. It wouldn't be like anything - it would be nothing - the same as all those years before you existed that you didn't experience.
jessicaac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think that when you die you get reincarnated into another person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ATW1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do not believe the end is the end. I think there is something glorious to look forward to once our time on this planet is over.
Farm_Ecology
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To believe that there is 'something' after death, implies there is something that can experience this. This something has to be the same something that experienced life in the first place.

The problem with this, is that there is nothing to back it up whatsoever,
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What happens after death to what? The body either rots in the ground or is burnt to ashes.
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  1479448246867.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  54.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's interesting the range of views we've had! For those of you who believe there is something after death, are you religious, out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
What happens after death to what? The body either rots in the ground or is burnt to ashes.
in the Zoroastrian tradition the body is left on a high tower for the vultures to eat. this is called Sky Burial.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best guess is that it feels the same as before we were alive. Next week: where were we before we were born?
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No one should believe me. Just personal experiences. Everyone should find the truth by themselves. Direct experiences are basically the best evidence. :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-claim...171957940.html

This is a piece of evidence. Ghosts or spirits exist. I used a software (ELA technique)to check the photo. No fake detected.

Name:  1479539704922.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  1479539742872.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  1479539805631.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  50.7 KB

If you really have some interest in the paranormal, you probably like this site below.

http://eidolonproject.org/

Enjoy! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed