Would you ever date a friends ex? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Some background info: my friend dated this guy from the ages of 15-17 and broke up just before we turned 18 (I'm now in my first year of uni). He asked me out when I was 14 and I liked him but was too scared to say yes. Now I'm really regretting it as he was such a sweet guy.
They broke up because they'd 'grown apart' but she badmouthed him to us even though we all knew he wasn't like that and she was the one in the wrong (started flirting and then dating another guy before she had even broken up with him) I'm not as close with her as I was before but I do still see her occasionally.

So basically what I'm trying to ask is: would it be okay for me to date him or is it always wrong to date a friends ex?
Mr Gumbil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Some background info: my friend dated this guy from the ages of 15-17 and broke up just before we turned 18 (I'm now in my first year of uni). He asked me out when I was 14 and I liked him but was too scared to say yes. Now I'm really regretting it as he was such a sweet guy.
They broke up because they'd 'grown apart' but she badmouthed him to us even though we all knew he wasn't like that and she was the one in the wrong (started flirting and then dating another guy before she had even broken up with him) I'm not as close with her as I was before but I do still see her occasionally.

So basically what I'm trying to ask is: would it be okay for me to date him or is it always wrong to date a friends ex?
Yeah just drop her. Think a girl who can't even stay loyal to her bf is going to give a damn about you?
If u dont mind
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its ur life isn't it?? I would say follow your heart. She is not going to be with you. If you like him and he asked you out, go for it!
Good luck!
PandaCalavera
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It usually depends on the situation, but to be fair, it's your life. You need to decide what rules to play by and what's important to you.

Your friend doesn't sound that nice and if she's happy to cheat on him, I'd say she doesn't have a right to tell you that you can't have him.

If you like him, go for it!
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You arent close to her so i dont see why not. If it bothers you maybe let her know you have feelings for her ex and want to be with him atleast she will know and wont have to worry about her finding out .
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I'd date a friends ex. idgaf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%
Putting on a brave face (223)
13.69%
Impatient (207)
12.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise