Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medi-geek123)
    TWO QUESTIONS:

Hi there, I'm in my first year of college studying for AS Levels. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. I plan to drop Further Maths at A2. I got GCSE grades 2A's, 5B's and 1C (AABBBBBC). I want to do Medicine and it has been my life long dream, but I really need help on how I'm going to achieve AAA at A Levels.

QUESTION: What are some revision tips that help to understand topics and retain the information?

QUESTION: Is getting AAA hard?
    I'm prepared to put the work in and revise every day. But would a university allow AAB????
    I'm confident in Biology and Maths, but Chemistry is hard and I understand some stuff but not all.
    Get the CGP revision guides for Bio and Chem and the key to doing well is doing a lot of practice questions/past papers I'd say. I struggle with Chemistry too lol. AAA is very hard to get but somewhat achievable if you put the work in.

Look out for access schemes if you have a disadvantaged background, as they can reduce the grades to ABB-AAB. Pretty much all medical schools now are AAA, it's very competitive unfortunately :/

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Chemguide and this YouTube channel (commended by the guy who made Chemguide): Allery Tutors Chemistry
    The guy explains concepts really well

But as the user above has mentioned, past papers is key - revise the mark schemes.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.