Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently on a gap year working and saving money to hopefully go travelling to SEA in April/May next year. I'm looking to go for about 4/5 weeks but this depends on how much money I am able to save eg- if I save more than expected I'll go for 7/8 weeks.
    I already know which countries I'd like to visit mainly being Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia which I have heard great things about. I am open to visiting Indonesia and Malaysia but the other 3 are my priority.

My main problem is that I have no idea of which route to take around SEA to ensure that I see the best bits of Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
    Please could someone, preferably who has done this before or is also planning on doing so, give me advice:

Which route is best to take and where to start my trip and end my trip? - I was thinking of flying 1 way from Heathrow to Hanoi to start and then work my way from there.

How would I best travel through the countries - by bus? train? ferry? etc.

How would I best go about getting decent accommodation - turning up and trying to get a room on the day? or booking in advance?

What type of budget would I need for 4/5 weeks per day?

What are must see attractions in my chosen 3 countries?

Are there any no go areas which I should avoid along my trip?

THANK YOU!!!

ReputationRep:
    Come to brunei ! You can live at my place

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.