University Choices Watch

Rory_Ewan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, so I would like to study politics at university and have been predicted ABC for my A2s in law, politics and maths (in that order), and I also have an EPQ in an area related to politics, drug policy, which is predicted an A. I am currently looking at Queen Marys which offers ABB or BBB with an A in EPQ and Birmingham which is ABB. I was also looking at Manchester which says its entry requirements are AAB/ABB. Is it worth applying for this or will I get rejected straight away due to my predicted grades? Any other suggestions for possible universities would be helpful, thanks
Kathryn1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rory_Ewan)
Hey, so I would like to study politics at university and have been predicted ABC for my A2s in law, politics and maths (in that order), and I also have an EPQ in an area related to politics, drug policy, which is predicted an A. I am currently looking at Queen Marys which offers ABB or BBB with an A in EPQ and Birmingham which is ABB. I was also looking at Manchester which says its entry requirements are AAB/ABB. Is it worth applying for this or will I get rejected straight away due to my predicted grades? Any other suggestions for possible universities would be helpful, thanks
I'm in a similar situation, I'm predicted ABC and applying for anthropology where many universities are asking for ABB. But at open days, they have said that it's still worth applying, and many universities focus on your personal statement anyway, so make sure yours is banging
Rory_Ewan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kathryn1998)
I'm in a similar situation, I'm predicted ABC and applying for anthropology where many universities are asking for ABB. But at open days, they have said that it's still worth applying, and many universities focus on your personal statement anyway, so make sure yours is banging
Ah okay, thanks! Just wanted to check so I wouldn't end up with a lot of rejections, hope you get the offers you're hoping for!
Kathryn1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rory_Ewan)
Ah okay, thanks! Just wanted to check so I wouldn't end up with a lot of rejections, hope you get the offers you're hoping for!
Lol that's fair enough, and you too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (63)
15%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (63)
15%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (77)
18.33%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (170)
40.48%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (20)
4.76%
No particular grades needed (27)
6.43%