Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to get a loan for tuition fees as a retired teacher with a cert ed? I never got a degree and would like to study for one now with OCA.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cherylpaint)
    Would I be able to get a loan for tuition fees as a retired teacher with a cert ed? I never got a degree and would like to study for one now with OCA.
    Hi,

would you be studying part time or full time? Also how long would your new course be? What is the full name of the college/university?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I would be studying part time with Open College of the Arts. In the first instance I would need to study three units at level 4 which presumably would take three years and would give me a cert in higher ed. I would then go on to study units at level 5 and level 6.
    Thanks
    Cheryl
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

What specifically is the current qualification you hold?

The teaching qualifcations have changed over the years, so do you currently hold a Higher Certificate in Education or some type of Post-grad cert in HE.

Essentially we're unable to fund you for a qualification that's of equal or lower level to one you already hold.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, Brian. I hold a Certificate in Education, which is below degree level. I would have had to complete another year to be awarded a Bachelor in Education degree and I never did this. It was the basic teaching qualification in 1977 for primary school teachers. Now that I am retired I would like to study for a degree by distance learning with OCA. Cheryl Lewicki
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi cherylpaint

A Certificate in Education looks to be a level 3 course. As long as you don't hold the same level of qualification that you are looking to study, you will be eligible for funding.

Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.