The Student Room Group

How do I really figure it out?:(

On what I should truly do with my life. Should you give up on your dream because it's unrealistic? Should I try things that I can enjoy. Say try intro courses to figure it out. To see what I like. I can't figure what I should be doing
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
On what I should truly do with my life. Should you give up on your dream because it's unrealistic? Should I try things that I can enjoy. Say try intro courses to figure it out. To see what I like. I can't figure what I should be doing

Try to find a balance between something that is realistic and also pertains to something you find of interest/enjoy. Can I ask in particular what you're trying to decide? A-level options, GCSE options or is it something else?
You might travel around a bit, be aware of more things, then you'll have a better idea
Reply 3
Original post by Hayytch
Try to find a balance between something that is realistic and also pertains to something you find of interest/enjoy. Can I ask in particular what you're trying to decide? A-level options, GCSE options or is it something else?

Career/job and where I can start. I'm beyond teenager:smile:

I have wasted too long and been unrealistic on my first career choice. So want to figure out what I can do now
Reply 4
You might travel around a bit, be aware of more things, then you'll have a better idea

You mean work abroad? To be honest was going to do that previous summer but didn't
Reply 5
Career/job and where I can start. I'm beyond teenager:smile:

I have wasted too long and been unrealistic on my first career choice. So want to figure out what I can do now

Ask yourself what do you want from life? Is it stability, having a well a paid job or have you reached a point where you would like to pursue your dream and that will answer your question. In the end it all boils down to what you want, now mind you this may not always be the best decision, but if you tell me what your interested in going into it and what exactly you want to achieve I can be of some help. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hayytch
Ask yourself what do you want from life? Is it stability, having a well a paid job or have you reached a point where you would like to pursue your dream and that will answer your question. In the end it all boils down to what you want, now mind you this may not always be the best decision, but if you tell me what your interested in going into it and what exactly you want to achieve I can be of some help. :smile:

I would love a purpose and stability. Mostly that's always been important is happiness and living life to the fullest .Originally wanted to be in the theatre/westend that would be my dream. It didn't happen and would have done anything to even just start somewhere and it's also not stable anyway. I was previously on a course related to the job and had to leave for money reasons. I'm very ambitious and
Just go for it. This has gotten me into trouble and bad situations.

So I'm back to square one with other bad circumstances. I was looking into design careers but constantly changing my mind. I do enjoy computers but like to do something rewarding. Travelling would be a dream, a specially on a career.

I don't know what to do

It's scary:frown:
Reply 7
I would love a purpose and stability. Mostly that's always been important is happiness and living life to the fullest .Originally wanted to be in the theatre/westend that would be my dream. It didn't happen and would have done anything to even just start somewhere and it's also not stable anyway. I was previously on a course related to the job and had to leave for money reasons. I'm very ambitious and
Just go for it. This has gotten me into trouble and bad situations.

So I'm back to square one with other bad circumstances. I was looking into design careers but constantly changing my mind. I do enjoy computers but like to do something rewarding. Travelling would be a dream, a specially on a career.

I don't know what to do

It's scary:frown:

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the arts, however, the general progression of most careers will be the same. You need to find a way to actually get into your chosen career, via a course for example. After completing this, you'll receive some form of qualification which will allow you to open further doors to progress. Now in your case, if your having difficulty deciding what to do I would advise you to have a look at some of the opportunities that are readily available to you and then pick what is convenient and suits your needs the most. Otherwise, you may find yourself in an endless search to find the perfect progression which may cause you to waste a lot of time.

Best wishes.
Reply 8
Original post by Hayytch
Unfortunately I do not know enough about the arts, however, the general progression of most careers will be the same. You need to find a way to actually get into your chosen career, via a course for example. After completing this, you'll receive some form of qualification which will allow you to open further doors to progress. Now in your case, if your having difficulty deciding what to do I would advise you to have a look at some of the opportunities that are readily available to you and then pick what is convenient and suits your needs the most. Otherwise, you may find yourself in an endless search to find the perfect progression which may cause you to waste a lot of time.

Best wishes.

Yep that's what I've been doing endless searches. Not anymore though learnt from them.

Thanks so much for advice. Helpful:smile: I will do what's best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending