The Student Room Group

Grants and starting university in 2017

Hi

I started uni in 2014 and completed a year and then withdrew in the summer for health reasons. I now want to go back to education but start a new degree. During my first year I received a maintenance grant (not repayable) so if I start the new course in 2017 will I be under the old not repayable maintenance grant system seeing that I am a returning student and it isn't my first year in higher education or will I be part of the new repayable maintenance loan system (no grants)? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by onewayroad
Hi

I started uni in 2014 and completed a year and then withdrew in the summer for health reasons. I now want to go back to education but start a new degree. During my first year I received a maintenance grant (not repayable) so if I start the new course in 2017 will I be under the old not repayable maintenance grant system seeing that I am a returning student and it isn't my first year in higher education or will I be part of the new repayable maintenance loan system (no grants)? Thank you

You aren't returning in that sense (same uni, same course), so you'll be a new student under the new non-grant system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending