Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got two offers for adult nursing interviews, and still have to pick my other choices on ucas. Does anyone know what univerties nursing interviews are like and which are the best/get back quick. Also which have Maths and English tests and which do not.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jebhdamh)
    Hi, I've got two offers for adult nursing interviews, and still have to pick my other choices on ucas. Does anyone know what univerties nursing interviews are like and which are the best/get back quick. Also which have Maths and English tests and which do not.
    There is nursing interview advice linked below in my signature which should be useful to you.

I would strongly recommend that you do not base your university choices on which universities do not have maths and English tests, but choose somewhere that you like.

Universities do not have to provide a response until May, and how quickly they reply varies from year to year. Two applicants may apply at the same time but it is perfectly possible for one to receive an offer immediately, while the other has to wait weeks or months for a decision to be made.

ReputationRep:
    I think that all universities have literacy and numeracy tests as this is stipulated by the NMC. The universities all have sample tests on their website, just practice a few of those and you will be fine.
    The university that I am at have annual maths tests that you have to pass with 100% pass rate, you can't make a mistake with patients medication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    There is nursing interview advice linked below in my signature which should be useful to you.

I would strongly recommend that you do not base your university choices on which universities do not have maths and English tests, but choose somewhere that you like.

Universities do not have to provide a response until May, and how quickly they reply varies from year to year. Two applicants may apply at the same time but it is perfectly possible for one to receive an offer immediately, while the other has to wait weeks or months for a decision to be made.
    What woulf you recommend for the numeracy tests i have one coming up im so nervous what should i revise ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Green)
    I think that all universities have literacy and numeracy tests as this is stipulated by the NMC. The universities all have sample tests on their website, just practice a few of those and you will be fine.
    The university that I am at have annual maths tests that you have to pass with 100% pass rate, you can't make a mistake with patients medication
    wow !!! how did you prepare any tips on websites or on what to look over?

ReputationRep:
    How universities select nursing applicants is up to them.
    This may change with the new pre- registration standards that are due to be released next year by the NMC.
    The university I'm at do not have maths or English as part of the selection process and have only recently moved to MMI's.
    However, once on the course maths is a very important aspect and we're tested every year on this.
    I personally wouldn't want to mess up anyone's medication and have that hanging over me!

For interview it's basic maths and English you're tested on, like can you write in sentences and show understanding? And maths is usually basic arithmetic.
    Try not to worry too much and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I finished the maths today at my interview - but did not finish the English - I completed two and a half out of three questions.

The maths was ok, I think - as far as anyone can tell - the interview was ok - and I'm worried about the English. It's never been my best subject, but I did get B's at English Language and Literature.

If I get rejected, can I ask for feedback about the English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafisa230)
    wow !!! how did you prepare any tips on websites or on what to look over?
    Most universities have sample questions that you can practice in advance, they really helped me. For the maths the BBC Bitesize website is good practice, for the English paper I would recommend quality over quantity

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.