Turn on thread page Beta

No girlfriend by age 18= ugly??? watch

Does it I'm not shy
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    No, there are other things such as low confidence.

Not having a girlfriend by 18 isn't anything special by the way... Lots of others in the same boat as you.

ReputationRep:
    No #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Me: No boyfriend at 18= ugly?

ReputationRep:
    You're either ugly, shy or pretty normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeScienceBlogger)
    Me: No boyfriend at 18= ugly?
    ^hope not? :s :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    No, there are other things such as low confidence.

Not having a girlfriend by 18 isn't anything special by the way... Lots of others in the same boat as you.
    Preach it UWS!

ReputationRep:
    Having a relationship is not the only thing in life you know, go get a hobby or something you will be less stressed and stop thinking you're ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    ^hope not? :s :'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rip me

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's certainly an indicator if not by choice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lord of all damnation, what is it with you kids?

For Christ sake, you're going on like you're a 40 year old virgin.

ReputationRep:
    As an old fart of 48 I would say to both males and females; what's the rush? You should try and learn to be happy, comfortable and confident with yourself, in your own skin. Expand your mind and your horizons; educate yourself, travel the world, meet people of different cultures if you are able to. This reminds me of a thread a few months back on here made by an 18 year old girl who was desperate to have a baby as soon as possible. What a sad waste of a young life. If you are happy within yourself this is very attractive to people.Then when the time is right you WILL meet someone. But for goodness sake, don't deliberately go out of your way to try and meet someone simply for the sake of "having a girlfriend". It doesn't work that way.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add. My son will be 20 in February. He has never had a girlfriend. Although trust me, he has had plenty of offers. He told me he wants to wait until he meets someone he finds interesting enough to want to go out with. None of the girls either near where we live or in his college appeal to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Just to add. My son will be 20 in February. He has never had a girlfriend. Although trust me, he has had plenty of offers. He told me he wants to wait until he meets someone he finds interesting enough to want to go out with. None of the girls either near where we live or in his college appeal to him.
    That's by choice though as he has had offers.

ReputationRep:
    Im 18 nearly 19 and im single i know im ugly and fat but ive seen uglier people get in relationships i attract ****boys and i get hurt a lot

I'm almost 20 and have never had a GF yet people have said I should model etc. Looks has nothing to do with it. I doubt you're ugly, maybe you're just insecure and/or shy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does it I'm not shy
    Instead of complaining about it, you should enjoy your freedom and do things to improve your own confidence. Work hard, go to the gym, eat well, play sport etc and girls will come to you. You automatically assume you're ugly because you think it's the only reason a girl would be attracted to you - it's not. Part of that is because you're still young and haven't experienced relationships. So I suggest you do the same as what I recommend to every other guy in your position - enjoy your life and stop giving a ****. You'll learn soon enough that girls are shallow - they only date ugly guys because those guys have something else going well for them. Money, gains, material possessions etc. Work your way up to that position and the girls will be all over you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.