Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of you have loads of A's as predictions (bints :huff: ), but which exam are you really really not sure how well you've done on? :eek:

Mine is Maths. ;dry; It could go either way for me really. :hmmmm: The other exams i felt i had some idea on what was going on, in my maths ones i had no idea if i was using the right techniques and all that malarcky. Hopefully i'll get a C. :flute:

Yours?

ReputationRep:
    english-i can never tell in advance how well i did

ReputationRep:
    Mine is also maths, i am really poor at it!

ReputationRep:
    English Lan, History, English Lit & Geography, have no idea what i have got in them i am terrified of those results the most.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I can't choose just one! I'm unsure about all of them lol! I couldn't say what I think I am going to get because I don't have a clue and most of them could range from A*-D!

I'd have to say I am most unsure about economics. I self taught it so I didn't do a mock and no teacher saw any of my work. So I have no idea on whether I was along the right lines at all!

ReputationRep:
    french as i wrote about the wrong thing in the writing paper! arghh! oh well at least i have low expectations so things can only improve!

ReputationRep:
    French because I am so rubbish at it but hopefully I passed; English Lit because it was the first one and it is impossible to know how you've done in essay subs; history because the exam paper was totally different to how past papers were which threw me a bit; and Geography because I think I lost the writing technique half way through lol and consequently muffed it up.

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE Maths and IGCSE double award Science... for maths, i think i'll get 50-55%... would that be a B? bearing in mind the two papers were calculator papers (no non-calculator ones).

For IGCSE double award science, 45 marks are coursework, 40 marks are the multiple choice paper and 100 marks are the long answer (hard) paper... if i scored
    36, 37 and 50 respectively, equalling 123 out of 185 marks (which is 66%) would that usually be an A??

Thanks.

I was also a bit unsure about ICT

ReputationRep:
    French, English, Science, I,T & drama (sad huh)

ReputationRep:
    English grades aka Whatever mood the examiner is in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieH)
    Mine is also maths, i am really poor at it!
    o0o, you want to do Social Work? Same here. :five:

*was stalking your sig* :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    music definitely....ive been predicted a D since year 10 so I have no idea what grade i'm going to get

ReputationRep:
    french and engish could have anything happen to them! I guess since english is so subjective it is like that with everyone though

ReputationRep:
    It was English Language because I totally read the questions wrong and didn't realise one of the articles was actually two pages long. But I'm getting more and more nervous about maths as results day gets nearer, I worked -so- hard for it, will be really annoyed if I don't get the grade I want. Agh!

ReputationRep:
    English and History. They could go either way.

For those of you nervous about English Language, just think about this and it might make you feel better - my English teacher is a GCSE examiner and one of the papers he marked scored 3/54. :|

ReputationRep:
    I just hope the colleges and the unis will sympathise with us when they look at our poor grades and understand that although both GCSEs have the word "English" in them, it really has nothing to do with how well we know the language (or its literature!), and that our grades very much depend on the mood of the examiner and of course, pure luck. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Truthfully, all of them...

ReputationRep:
    French and English lang and lit most of all

ReputationRep:
    English

I want two A's and I think I'll get a B and a C, I just don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Definately RS. I could get any grade from the whole scale. I wrote a load of rubbish on paper 1 for most questions, which I might be credited for...if not, I'm in biiig trouble! Paper 2 was better, but I probably wrote a load of rubbish on some of those questions too!

And then there's English, like most people have mentioned. Language, well, I should get an A, although if the examiner was kind, and the boundaries are low-ish, then I could get an A*. However if the boundaries are high, and the examiner was harsh, I could get a B. Lit, well, same goes except I'm not likely to get an A* at all...most likely A or B.

I'm also worried about Biology. I really want an A* in it, but I dunno if that's gonna happen now. The exam I found quite hard, although I might have done better than I thought. Same, in a way, with French, though I'm more confident about the A* in that. And Physics is the same, though I'm not as bothered about that.

However in Maths, Latin and Chemistry, I'm pretty confident about A*s...not meaning to brag, hehe.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.