Turn on thread page Beta

How can I find the topics for Biol 2, Chem 2 and Phys 2? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to start revising soon for the exams in January. But looking in the CGP books I just can't recall which ones are on the 2nd papers. I've been so consumed in maths that I have put most of my other work to the back of my head. (WJEC)

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you with?

ReputationRep:
    I'm with WJEC and I'm unfamiliar with any other exam boards that offer January exams, so I can help you to if that is the case.

Biology 2 is called Cells and Metabolism; Respiration and Digestion; The Environment and Biodiversity
    It includes:
    1. Cells and Cell Processes
    2. Transport In and Out of Cells
    3. Photosynthesis
    4. Respiration
    5. Digestion
    6. Respiratory System
    7. Biodiversity
    I did this exam in May this year.

Chemistry 2 is called Chemical Structure, Bonding, Properties and Analysis
    It includes:
    1. Atomic Structure and The Periodic Table
    2. Reactions of Halogens and Alkali Metals
    3. Chemical Bonding, Materials and Properties
    4. Rate of Chemical Change
    5. Basic Organic Chemistry (This is Part II of C1.6 - Fuels and Plastics, Part III is C3.1)
    6. Chemical Calculations
    7. Water
    I'm doing this paper in January :P

Physics 2 is called Electricity, Forces and Nuclear Physics
    It Includes:
    1. Electrical Circuits
    2. Distance, Speed and Acceleration
    3. The Effect of Forces
    4. Interactions Between Objects
    5. The Nature of Radioactive Decay and Half-Life of Radioactive Materials
    6. Nuclear Structure, Fission, Fusion and Equations
    I did this paper in May

If you want to know exactly what you need to know for each topic, scroll down on this document past B1, C1 and P1 and you'll find them all (page 61)

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/14513.pdf

I've also been doing non-stop maths, I did my last exam today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombre)
    I'm with WJEC and I'm unfamiliar with any other exam boards that offer January exams, so I can help you to if that is the case.

Biology 2 is called Cells and Metabolism; Respiration and Digestion; The Environment and Biodiversity
    It includes:
    1. Cells and Cell Processes
    2. Transport In and Out of Cells
    3. Photosynthesis
    4. Respiration
    5. Digestion
    6. Respiratory System
    7. Biodiversity
    I did this exam in May this year.

Chemistry 2 is called Chemical Structure, Bonding, Properties and Analysis
    It includes:
    1. Atomic Structure and The Periodic Table
    2. Reactions of Halogens and Alkali Metals
    3. Chemical Bonding, Materials and Properties
    4. Rate of Chemical Change
    5. Basic Organic Chemistry (This is Part II of C1.6 - Fuels and Plastics, Part III is C3.1)
    6. Chemical Calculations
    7. Water
    I'm doing this paper in January :P

Physics 2 is called Electricity, Forces and Nuclear Physics
    It Includes:
    1. Electrical Circuits
    2. Distance, Speed and Acceleration
    3. The Effect of Forces
    4. Interactions Between Objects
    5. The Nature of Radioactive Decay and Half-Life of Radioactive Materials
    6. Nuclear Structure, Fission, Fusion and Equations
    I did this paper in May

If you want to know exactly what you need to know for each topic, scroll down on this document past B1, C1 and P1 and you'll find them all (page 61)

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/14513.pdf

I've also been doing non-stop maths, I did my last exam today!
    Thank you so much for the reply! I did my last exam today too, didn't think any of the numeracy or maths were particularly hard. How did you find them? I'm guessing you sat higher tier too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abusive)
    Thank you so much for the reply! I did my last exam today too, didn't think any of the numeracy or maths were particularly hard. How did you find them? I'm guessing you sat higher tier too?
    No problem, I love Science, so I'm happy to help! If you need any other resources or guidance feel free to ask me, not many others seem to be doing this science course on here. I'm assuming you do Triple/Separates, since you're taking Unit 2 now or are you finishing Core/Additional early?

Yes, I did the higher tier. I didn't find them very hard either, which part of me was happy about it, but it makes me worry about the boundaries. My teacher is expecting A, B and C to be fairly low, but A* to be a high boundary. As far as I know they haven't worked the UMS out yet, so there's no indication of how many UMS we'll need.

ReputationRep:
    No problem, I love Science, so I'm happy to help! If you need any other resources or guidance feel free to ask me, not many others seem to be doing this science course on here. I'm assuming you do Triple/Separates, since you're taking Unit 2 now or are you finishing Core/Additional early?

Yes, I did the higher tier. I didn't find them very hard either, which part of me was happy about it, but it makes me worry about the boundaries. My teacher is expecting A, B and C to be fairly low, but A* to be a high boundary. As far as I know they haven't worked the UMS out yet, so there's no indication of how many UMS we'll need.
    Yeah I like the sciences too, just can't seem to remember any of it after the maths exams. I'm doing triple sciences. I doubt the A* will be too high to be honest. Did you see the facebook posts that a teacher did of the intermediate paper (numeracy)? Some of the questions overlapped and I think I got all of those right anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abusive)
    Yeah I like the sciences too, just can't seem to remember any of it after the maths exams. I'm doing triple sciences. I doubt the A* will be too high to be honest. Did you see the facebook posts that a teacher did of the intermediate paper (numeracy)? Some of the questions overlapped and I think I got all of those right anyways.
    I really want an A* although an A will still be amazing. I did see those posts and I think I did quite well in the first Numeracy based on the overlapping questions and extremely well in Unit 2. I'm disappointed that the Maths papers weren't uploaded, but I suppose that person may not have sat them or maybe the sheer amount of notifications annoyed them .

ReputationRep:
    I really want an A* although an A will still be amazing. I did see those posts and I think I did quite well in the first Numeracy based on the overlapping questions and extremely well in Unit 2. I'm disappointed that the Maths papers weren't uploaded, but I suppose that person may not have sat them or maybe the sheer amount of notifications annoyed them .
    Yeah I'm really hoping for an A* too. I think the person may not have posted the new ones because they potentially got in trouble because of the first post, hence why it got deleted. Or maybe he was just annoyed of notifications haha.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you look on the WJEC website it'll have the specification for each subject

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.