leilapedley
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently in year 11, and I am studying the OCR GCSE Latin Higher course, I am learning various lines from Book Two of The Aeneid.

During my lessons we have numbered all of the sentences but this does not really help me learn the Latin Verse, I am also struggling with reading the Latin and trying to read the English translation from this as I go along.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best way to learn these long Latin texts!

Leila

Holly989blue
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I did Higher Latin many years ago and we also read the Aeneid! I remember what worked best for me was having someone to help (it was my Gran). I'd read it to her with the book, try to remember, and read without the book. She'd go over all of my Latin vocab with me every night too; it really helped. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.44%
Okay (114)
29.08%
A bit lacking (149)
38.01%
Not good at all (92)
23.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed