Extinuating Circumstances? Watch

username2803872
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My dads being sentenced to 18 months in prison and his release date is set to be during my GCSE's and also as he was the only one working my family are about to stuggle very badly financially.

Would this count as extinuating circumstances?
LucySmith74
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samaad1)
My dads being sentenced to 18 months in prison and his release date is set to be during my GCSE's and also as he was the only one working my family are about to stuggle very badly financially.

Would this count as extinuating circumstances?
I'm not too sure, but if you talk about your situation to your exams officer they will soon be able to tell you.
Good luck x
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you mean by extinuating circumstances? If you are asking is this is a case for applying for special consideration for your GCSEs then the answer is almost certainly no as this covers events that happen around the time of the exams that affect your performance. (Unless your father being released from prison is likely to be particularly traumatic).,
username2803872
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
What do you mean by extinuating circumstances? If you are asking is this is a case for applying for special consideration for your GCSEs then the answer is almost certainly no as this covers events that happen around the time of the exams that affect your performance. (Unless your father being released from prison is likely to be particularly traumatic).,
well it will be a very emotional time so thats why I thought about applying for special consideration
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%