Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I work for my local JD store part time whilst I am in sixth form, and have done so for about 4 months. I am considering leaving my job, as I want to focus entirely on getting into one of my top three universities. I am hesitant to do this for a few reasons, although the main reason is that I am worried that I won't be able to get another job after this one, which will make living whilst at uni impossible. I was lucky to get this job, and had spent a long time trying to get a job prior to this one, and the fact that I didn't have any experience certainly hindered me. Do you think 4 months of retail experience is enough to be able to get another similar job when I'm at uni?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If Trump can do it, so can you!

ReputationRep:
    Are you year 12? If yes then probably not as it's a couple of years prior to university. If year 13 I'd say it's recent enough to seem like enough work experience.

Alternatively you could ask to cut down to 4-6 hours a week just so you can have longer work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.