Do I have enough experience? Watch

Stringer8ell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I work for my local JD store part time whilst I am in sixth form, and have done so for about 4 months. I am considering leaving my job, as I want to focus entirely on getting into one of my top three universities. I am hesitant to do this for a few reasons, although the main reason is that I am worried that I won't be able to get another job after this one, which will make living whilst at uni impossible. I was lucky to get this job, and had spent a long time trying to get a job prior to this one, and the fact that I didn't have any experience certainly hindered me. Do you think 4 months of retail experience is enough to be able to get another similar job when I'm at uni?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.
RDKGames
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If Trump can do it, so can you!
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you year 12? If yes then probably not as it's a couple of years prior to university. If year 13 I'd say it's recent enough to seem like enough work experience.

Alternatively you could ask to cut down to 4-6 hours a week just so you can have longer work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise